Private tuition for daughter

I'm not able to offer a recommendation, but just wanted to say that a tutor can be a really good move. Children of most ages listen and concentrate more when it's an outside party, opposed to a parent.

Good luck with finding someone suitable, i'm sure there's plenty out there.

I'm not able to offer a recommendation, but just wanted to say that a tutor can be a really good move. Children of most ages listen and concentrate more when it's an outside party, opposed to a parent.

Good luck with finding someone suitable, i'm sure there's plenty out there.

The primary school my kids attended had a meeting to tell parents to stop using the techniques they had learnt for maths to help their kids as it had all changed. I bought the Carol Vorderman work books and sat with my kids to help them. They were age appropriate so covered correct curriculum area.

Maths got beyond me when they reached Y7 so had to pay a tutor.

• 2 months later...

Hi

I run the Kip McGrath Education Centre in Sheffield, we are qualified teachers that provide additional support for children aged 6-16 in maths, English and secondary science. If you're still looking and would like to pop in for a free assessment give us a call on 01142 700 303.

Thanks

Nicola

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Back in February, the OP said they'd found a tutor. However, the thread seems to be being revived periodically by various tutor-hopefuls!

Lets hope they aren't teaching English comprehension. Only kidding, no reason they can't revive an old thread rather than starting a gazillion new ones.

jb

Archived