Shouty tram woman was in court today too

But if she behaved in that way because she was mentally ill (and I suspect that it is at least possible that her behaviour could also have been affected by medication) then I would say it was inappropriate for her to be subject to the law. People do all sorts of things because they're mentally ill that they're not responsible for and if she was ill it is highly probable that she cannot be held responsible for her actions.

But she hasn't had the luxury of it even being decided by a court if she was too ill to be held responsible. She's been tried, hounded and vilified by the media and twitter who couldn't give two stuffs if she's an extremely sick person who was out of her tree on stong medication when the incident occured. They're just getting a kick out of it, they don't care if it's fair or not.

You're right of course. But I gave this one up a long time ago. You can't educate pork, but good luck...:D

In the same week that the incident happened and video uploaded to YouTube and reported in the media, there was another story, about 4 black Somali Muslims who beat a white British girl to a pulp whilst shouting racial abuse. They caused real physical injuries putting the girl in hospital, yet this woman on the tram, vile as I find her behaviour, did only cause some offense, some hurt feelings, no physical injury occured, I do not see by comparison as deserving of being remanded to custody.

Reading the press that week, you could be forgiven for taking the message away that if you are an ethnic minority, you can assault whites and get away with it, but if you're white and only insult an ethnic minority, you will be dealt with far more severely.

Having read up a little on the case you refer to, it does seem odd that these girls weren't charged with racially motivated assault. I don't believe, though that because they weren't charged that this woman shouldn't be.

Both were supposedly mobs who took justice into their own hands without having full knowledge of the case, I don't see how comparing like for like is ridiculous apart from the fact that one of these mobs never acually existed.

Did you actually watch the video? Where is this mob? What I, and nearly the rest of the planet saw, was a woman being filmed on a mobile phone as she continued to verbally abuse a tram full of people who were pretty much all minding their own business. Eventually one of them finally tells her to shut up. If you saw something completely different then perhaps it's your medication that is interfering with you!

Did you actually watch the video? Where is this mob? What I, and nearly the rest of the planet saw, was a woman being filmed on a mobile phone as she continued to verbally abuse a tram full of people who were pretty much all minding their own business. Eventually one of them finally tells her to shut up. If you saw something completely different then perhaps it's your medication that is interfering with you!

I take you didn’t here the other people that spoke to her before the women aggravated the situation by telling her to shut up and get off the tram, she aggravated it further when she said you guys won't work, we have to come and do the work for you.

Having read up a little on the case you refer to, it does seem odd that these girls weren't charged with racially motivated assault. I don't believe, though that because they weren't charged that this woman shouldn't be.

I believe they were not charged because it was stated that as muslims they were not used to alcohol..The laws an ass.

Just on the theme of mob justice as I understand the situation the Police did nothing until contacted by someone who saw the you tube video,if not mob justice it seems to be a case of trial by media,I may be wrong on this supposition but I have very little knowledge of the event,Im sure you will tell me if Im wrong

Just on the theme of mob justice as I understand the situation the Police did nothing until contacted by someone who saw the you tube video,if not mob justice it seems to be a case of trial by media,I may be wrong on this supposition but I have very little knowledge of the event,Im sure you will tell me if Im wrong

I'm not sure what you mean. The case, if it comes to a jury, will be tried by the jury, who will see the videotape and any other evidence that's presented to them. Not quite sure how that equates to trial by the media; if you're suggesting that lots of people in the media have offered their opinions, then that's true - but only the jury will have access to all the facts and will decide accordingly.

I'm not sure what you mean. The case, if it comes to a jury, will be tried by the jury, who will see the videotape and any other evidence that's presented to them. Not quite sure how that equates to trial by the media; if you're suggesting that lots of people in the media have offered their opinions, then that's true - but only the jury will have access to all the facts and will decide accordingly.

You missed the point ..if it wasnt for the video being aired on you tube and subsequent complaints there wouldnt have been all this furore,as i said I understand that the Police didnt take any action until they received complaints from people who saw the video.

You missed the point ..if it wasnt for the video being aired on you tube and subsequent complaints there wouldnt have been all this furore,as i said I understand that the Police didnt take any action until they received complaints from people who saw the video.

I don't see what is wrong with that though. It's just evidence. Likely someone from the tram would have complained to the police but not a lot could be done due to lack of evidence.

Archived