BBC flouting advertising rules

Look "Leeds" flouting the BBC's own advertising policy with the story of the kid that designed a chocolate bar.

With Nestle wanting to put it into production, Christa Akroyd blatantly holding the finished packaging up to camera for practically the whole interview and no double P symbol!

The good thing about the BBC is that they've established a very easy complaints procedure:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complain-online/

Perhaps you should have put your complaint about the editorial content in some very small backwater of the organisation directly in writing, rather than tar the whole organisation here?

If you did simply want to discuss it here, then perhaps the title "Look North flouting BBC's advertising rules" would be fairer?

The good thing about the BBC is that they've established a very easy complaints procedure:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complain-online/

Perhaps you should have put your complaint about the editorial content in some very small backwater of the organisation directly in writing, rather than tar the whole organisation here?

If you did simply want to discuss it here, then perhaps the title "Look North flouting BBC's advertising rules" would be fairer?

No. Because when I work for a particular company, I represent the whole company, not just one department. Same applies imo.

No. Because when I work for a particular company, I represent the whole company, not just one department. Same applies imo.

But the BBC have rules themselves, which you think have been broken.

If you were to be caught smoking in your office, it wouldn't be "Widget plc breaks smoking rules" it would be "Resident breaks smoking rules". :huh:

Having said that, this story originates from the Jim'll Fix It "special" (?) that went out on Boxing Day.

The Jim'll Fix It concept often made me feel a bit uneasy I must admit, mainly because it was pants, but also because it often had an uncomfortable alliance with commercial interests. That said, even the BBC cannot immune themselves from the real world.

BBC America (they do have a channel here) carry as many commercials as most of the rest of the stations.

BBC America is part of BBC Worldwide - the commercial arm of the BBC which exists to market things created with Licence Fee proceeds and sell them to other countries and to extend the value of BBC brands (such as Gardeners World magazine). BBC Worldwide gets no funding from the licence fee, and all profits are passed back to the BBC to supplement the licence fee. It's responsible for about a quarter of the BBC's annual income.

Archived