Unadopted Streets in Pitsmoor.

Texas

Talking about sledging a while ago I got to thinking about Hayward Road, the hilly part. It was an unadopted road with sets instead of tarmac. It had grass growing in between the sets and lots of bumps and hollows at the bottom. This led me onto thinking about more of these streets, roads, lanes in Pitsmoor. The best one was Gray Street, down toward Fox Street. It didn't even have sets but it had plenty of grass. Another was Rock Lane. That had the sets with grass growing in between. I used to like these unadopted thoroughfares, they hinted at the countryside in what some people would call ghettos.

Were there anymore?

hi i used to live on haywood eoad with my parents and sister we lived near the bottom and were caretakers for aizlewoods flower mill on nursery st who had warehouses there also ther was an old aadoned church that faced pye bank road we i used t to love setting fire to the bits of tar between the sets after road repairs did this with the bottom of a milk bottle and reflect the sun across the road there was nancys fruit and veg shop my dad used to be a bookies runner and stood at the bottem of the road taking bets for the bookie in the pub

Archived