Family tree help

yes please originals would be good

my mum said my nan told her that twin brothers married twin sisters but doesnt look like were twins just brother and sister

so looks like my great nan was louisa (also my nans name)who married george

amelia her sister married his brother albert

lol still confused

Louisa and George would be your Louisa's Aunt and Uncle as I think your Louisa was probably born to Amelia and Albert!!!!!!!! lol

This is Louisa and George's Wedding

Marriages Jun 1907

BINGHAM George Sheffield 9c 1039

BREEDON Louisa Sheffield 9c 1039

This looks like the most likely candidate for George and Albert's parents as they are both there and age gap is right but only a birth certificate would prove it.

George Bingham

Estimated Birth Year: abt 1879

Relation: Son

Father's Name: George Bingham

Mother's name: Sarah Bingham

Where born: Sheffield, Yorkshire, England

Civil parish: Nether Hallam

County/Island: Yorkshire

Street Address: 186 Cundy St

Registration district: Ecclesall Bierlow

Sub-registration district: Nether Hallam

ED, institution, or vessel: 25

Neighbors: View others on page

Piece: 4625

Folio: 143

Page Number: 21

Household Members:

Name Age

George Bingham 48

Sarah Bingham 42

Albert Bingham 15

Polly Bingham 13

John Bingham 12

Willm. Bingham 9

Ada Bingham 7

Lucy Bingham 4

George Bingham

• 2 months later...

Hi Landrover109.

I've been reading your post and realised that your Grandparents may have been my Great Grandparents too. I checked this info with my Mum who agrees we could be related.

My Mum's Dad was called William Bingham b.1913.(my Grandad) He had many siblings which consisted of step, half, and full Brothers and Sisters.

His Father was called George Bingham and His Mother was Louisa Bingham ( nee Breedon).

Mum remembers some of her Dad's Brothers who were born during the marriage of George and Louisa and one his half Brothers born earlier to Louisa called Cyril Breedon ( George would have been his Step Father) who unfortunately died with his wife and Children during the Sheffield Blitz 1940. Mum also recalls that he had at least two younger Sisters one who he said died very young. One Sister was called Virginia (Ginny) she doesn't recall the others name. We are not aware of a Louisa being adopted out though but if what you say is right it would have made her my Grandad's younger Sister and he would have only been 4 years old when she were born so maybe he was too young to remember any events that took place at that time.

Mum also says she remembers having Cousins with the Surname Broomhead in which someone mentions this Surname in your thread. The name Anne and Hazel Broomhead spring to Mum's mind.

Mum's name is Dawn (nee bingham) and with the info you've provided we have worked out that you could be my Mum's Cousin. Does any of this info fit with any other of your family members? We would like to hear from you :)

Archived