Do drivers stop at crossings anymore ?

I've noticed that due to cars parked on the zig-zag it isn't possible to see anyone waiting to cross until it reaches the point that it would be a danger to motorists behind me to slam on the anchors. Blame the div that's obscuring vision.

A lot of drivers seem to think stopping at pedestrian crossings is optional, especially those that are not controlled by traffic lights. My pet hate is when one driver stops to let you cross, whilst another on the other oncoming does not see you until the last minute. If they do not know the Highway Code, should they still be holding a driving license?

I've noticed that due to cars parked on the zig-zag it isn't possible to see anyone waiting to cross until it reaches the point that it would be a danger to motorists behind me to slam on the anchors. Blame the div that's obscuring vision.

...or the div that doesn't slow down in good time once he's seen the badly parked cars that are obscuring his vision.

...or the div that doesn't slow down in good time once he's seen the badly parked cars that are obscuring his vision.

New i'd get pulled on that one :) I do slow down but it would help further if the pedestrian didn't assume that it's ok to step out until it's safe.

Archived