The new kik app for iphone and android

i installed it and it slowed my fone down so deleted it and fone been fine since

my hubby installed it but took him bout 3 hours cus it kept say that there was no internet connection ( which there was )

a few of my other friends installed it too but soon deleted it cus it slowed there fones down

ive read up on it and a lot of ppl are saying its a virus from japan and not t download it

it slows ya fone down and eventually shuts it down altogether

but then theres a few that say they love it and had no probs at all

Ive had no problems with it at all and neither have my friends. Facebook would say its a virus as its reducing people going on there. Also Whenever theres something new out people always say its a virus because its something new. I remember when facebook first come out. .that was a virus too apparently!!

Ive had no problems with it at all and neither have my friends. Facebook would say its a virus as its reducing people going on there. Also Whenever theres something new out people always say its a virus because its something new. I remember when facebook first come out. .that was a virus too apparently!!

Then you hang out with/talk to arent very tech savy, because when facebook was open to non-university students outside the US, the site was well over 4 years old at the time.

A quick google brought back that the app goes through your contact list (which includes your Facebook, if youve let them automatically add friends to your phones contact list) - without permission, but is not a virus.

http://gigaom.com/2010/11/09/kiks-viral-growth-comes-with-an-apology/

When you sign up for the service on your iPhone or BlackBerry, it automatically ingests your contacts from the device and then cross-references that against the Kik user database. It doesn’t ask you first, which is a privacy faux pas. Kik users are then pinged by the service with messages saying “You may know…,” with the user name of someone who matches a name in their contact list. Livingston stressed in an interview with me that the service doesn’t auto-add anyone, and doesn’t store any of the information, but only uses it once and then discards it. But the feature has still made some people nervous — and is probably against Apple’s terms of service.

According to that article - posted in late November 2011 - they are aware the service is slow and a memory eater, but thats because it was never meant to be a 'chat' platform and was to be somewhere to share and play music through.

Id stick to WhatsApp or even Ping as theyre free and much more reliable.

I haven't been charged anything as yet for KIK and also I dont get random messages saying you may or may not this person. It also asks you at the begining if you would like to automatically add contacts from your address book in which i stated no so there fore has no access to my information

Archived