Advice for driving test

Make sure the examiner knows you are looking in your mirrors,by that i mean move your head slightly ,not just your eyes.

Oh, and by moving your head to the mirrors, your observations will be that much more effective - the examiner will judge the effectiveness of your checks by your actions as a result of what you see (and he/she sees) behind you.

Take each stretch of the road as a battle or mini-test, sort it and move on to the next battle or mini-test. Win pretty much all of these without hoisting a white flag and you deserve a licence!

Good luck!

Thank u everyone for the comments I managed to have a mock exam today and he would have passed me so fingers crossed for the morning x

That's good then! I failed my mock test by hitting the kerb on a roundabout a couple of times whoops...

Infact io found the theory more of achallenge than the actual driving but i got full marks on the theory too.

I remember my theory test in 1998. Thirty five minutes allowed time (IIRC).

After five minutes the woman officiator came over and asked if I was having difficulty with understanding the questions. She was a little surprised when I told her that I had finished. Even better was the look on her face when I replied yes to her follow up question "Have you checked your answers?" I was then allowed to leave.:D Got full marks too:D.

I spent years chasing my manual test and nether got anywhere, after 3 or 4 tests. After that I didn't learn to drive for a further 10 years.

Like you, I had trouble doint visual observations and co-ordination my driving at the same time.

Then one day I got so sick of relying on public transport I cheated and did the automatic lessons/test. Passed first time without any trouble. Wish I'de came up with that idea sooner.

The drawback to passing in an automitic is that you limit yourself to what is available second hand at a reasponable price. If you are after a secondhand small fuel efficient car, they cost a small fortune. Plus old cars with auto boxes are more likely to fail.

The positve side is, I had 10 years of driving instead of getting pssd wet at a bus stop. Recently passed my manual test last summer and had to down size to a shopping car because of the extautionate petrol prices.

Good luck with the test and ignore the cretins on here.

I passed my theory test first time with 48 out of 50 I was just as nervous then but I know it's totally different with the actual driving test than theory.

I already have a car so that's not an issue for me thankfully.

Thank you everyone for the replies I'll keep you posted tomorrow x

Archived