The season of inappropriate lighting(cars)

I have a confession to make. :blush: One of my back lights is out.

I did try and open it up to get the bulb out so I could buy a replacement, after an expensive lesson years ago with a Fiat when I put the wrong bulb in the brake socket, when the brake was applied the headlights used to come on and I took it to the garage where they said it was electrical and charged me £200 :rant: , I take the old bulb now and buy the same one. But this stupid car isn't as user friendly as my trusty old Fiat, I can't even work out how to get into the bulb compartment to get the old one and in the manual it says to change the bulb take to mechanic....

I need a new tyre too so I will take the silly thing to the garage!

Apologies if it's my back light your not seeing I'm not being tight or lazy I'm just dim :hihi:

I have a confession to make. :blush: One of my back lights is out.

I did try and open it up to get the bulb out so I could buy a replacement, after an expensive lesson years ago with a Fiat when I put the wrong bulb in the brake socket, when the brake was applied the headlights used to come on and I took it to the garage where they said it was electrical and charged me £200 :rant: , I take the old bulb now and buy the same one. But this stupid car isn't as user friendly as my trusty old Fiat, I can't even work out how to get into the bulb compartment to get the old one and in the manual it says to change the bulb take to mechanic....

I need a new tyre too so I will take the silly thing to the garage!

Apologies if it's my back light your not seeing I'm not being tight or lazy I'm just dim :hihi:

Take it to Halfords, they charge for fitting but must be insured to do it. My last car, an Audi A4 needed a contortionist to change any of the bulbs.

Sunday evening i was pulled on City rd for having a brake light out, was just a loose bulb it turned out, fair do's, but it did irk me a bit that coming in the other direction at the time was a Volvo with a row of 4 extra fog lights blaring out, and the cop didn't bat an eyelid.

if I'm at traffic lights and pull up next to someone with lights out, I always tell them ... it's not always obvious to the driver and is usually a surprise.

There should be some sort of universal signal (three flashes of something) to signal to another driver that they have a light out ... :suspect:

I don't know about fog lights so much, but just lately I've noticed an inordinate amount of drivers happily driving with no lights on at all in the pitch dark!!!!!...It simply beggars belief that when you get in a car, and don't turn your lights on, you can't see the dashboard, speedometer, or the road. How on earth do people manage it? It's beyond belief!

Not an excuse but on some cars these days the dash lights are always on regardless of the headlight status so not always easy to realise you have no lights on in built up areas (eg. newest style Vectras) which incidently need the front bumper off to change an indicator bulb lol :loopy: I used to have one.

the numpties don't realise that it helps others to see them.

That's exactly the problem. The use of lights is to help others on the road, and far too many people today don't even seem to realise that "other people" is a valid concept.

I don't need my headlights on in order to drive, but everyone else needs my headlights on so that they can see me approaching. People who don't understand the concept of "everyone else" won't bother to put their lights on.

Most of them probably think it looks cool to have fog lights on the front of their cars....until they get a £60 fine from the Police for having them on :rolleyes:

I got fined years ago when I was young & silly, I was very shocked to get a fine & every time I see a car with it's fog lights turned on & it's not foggy I think to myself 'boy are they in for a shock when they get a £60 fine.....fools' :hihi:

Archived