How to arrange fundraising for non charity

hi all, a good friend of mine sadly passed away leaving his partner and 4 children, his partner does not claim benefits she is a nurse and he didnt claim benefits either he was self employed, his partner has to pay for the funeral all by herself, there is no insurance or savings in place for his death as he was only 31 and died very suddenly.

this man has loads of friends and after speaking to some of them on facebook we decided it might be a lovely idea for people to donate money to his partner and the boys instead of buying flowers ect...

i have a paypal account so i thought everyone could donate to that but what i dont know is how can i set it up, whats the best way to arrange it, shall i just put a few words on facebook with the paypal email address or can you think of a better way to arrange what im trying to do. thanks in advance.

It depends how much people trust you I guess as to whether that would work (I'm aware that may sound like a personal slur against you, but I honestly don't mean it that way).

Whenever I've seen circumstances like this it has been organised through the place where they were buried with collections via church/service managers then being passed on to the family.

Can't the partner set up an account?

You could always put a link on Facebook/Twitter etc..

Alternatively you could distribute something at the funeral, a card with details etc..

My father in law died a few days ago suddenly and its surprising how much a funeral costs, even if you keep it simple.

Sorry for your loss.

Can't the partner set up an account?

You could always put a link on Facebook/Twitter etc..

Alternatively you could distribute something at the funeral, a card with details etc..

My father in law died a few days ago suddenly and its surprising how much a funeral costs, even if you keep it simple.

Sorry for your loss.

i have created a facebook event and posted his partners paypal email address and also her address for donations, one of my friends did this for a headstone for her nephew and got alot of donations so ive done it the same way, in regards to not trusting me, i wont see any of the donations its all going straight to her paypal account. thanks for the advice. xx

hi all, a good friend of mine sadly passed away leaving his partner and 4 children, his partner does not claim benefits she is a nurse and he didnt claim benefits either he was self employed, his partner has to pay for the funeral all by herself, there is no insurance or savings in place for his death as he was only 31 and died very suddenly.

this man has loads of friends and after speaking to some of them on facebook we decided it might be a lovely idea for people to donate money to his partner and the boys instead of buying flowers ect...

i have a paypal account so i thought everyone could donate to that but what i dont know is how can i set it up, whats the best way to arrange it, shall i just put a few words on facebook with the paypal email address or can you think of a better way to arrange what im trying to do. thanks in advance.

All I would say is make sure that all funds are accountable for. Clear audit so that if any questions are raised, you have the paperwork to show how the money has been spent/or where it intends to go.

Archived