395 of our soldiers now been killed in Afghan

eartop;8434187]Well in the British army soldiers are led by officers. Officers lead from the front and are killed doing this at a higher rate than riflemen[/B]. Understand that you get around 50 rifleman to one one boss 'Lt' plenty of the officer class are Etonian lads but plenty are from the ranks. Sandhurst and the platoon commanders battle course turns out excellent junior officers. The British army is well led from it's most junior lance jack upwards, especially in our infantry.

In the falklands on the surrender of the argies, one of the argie senior officers moaned 'how could I win with this rabble for an army' My RSM said to him look at your officers, 'who were all clean dry and well fed' then the RSM said pick out my regiments officers, the argie could not. They were just as dirty tired wet and exhausted as the men. That's why we won said the RSM we have leaders, you have peacocks.

A continuous turnover of junior officers who become casualties when new to a combat zone is of no use to anyone.

An inexperienced officer needs to be taught how to survive and learn from his more experienced NCOs. Those who are wise will do so. Those who arrive and think they know it all right off the bat dont last long in a real combat environment.

This goes for any rank. Listen and learn and possibly you'll get through. Ignore at your peril

A continuous turnover of junior officers who become casualties when new to a combat zone is of no use to anyone.

An inexperienced officer needs to be taught how to survive and learn from his more experienced NCOs. Those who are wise will do so. Those who arrive and think they know it all right off the bat dont last long in a real combat environment.

This goes for any rank. Listen and learn and possibly you'll get through. Ignore at your peril

True, that's why our, and I'm sure your junior nco's can command platoons and our and I'm sure your senior nco's can command a company. Knowledge in-depth. Our nco's and warrant officers train officer cadets. As I'm sure yours did.

Sandringham, Sandhurst, whatever. The cost of the terrible war is now far to high. It's costing this country £5 billion a year, I think more. Money that could be used to create an economic miracle in South Yorkshire. Along with the terrible deaths of our young soldiers, civilians and the tragic injuries our forces are suffering. And don't tell me that when you sign up you know what you are getting into. Do you honestly think a 18 year old unemployed lad, who has never been outside Yorkshire, and after three months training finds himself on the frontline has any idea what he is getting into ? GET REAL ! War is profit for the vile arms dealers ! They love it !

Sandringham, Sandhurst, whatever. The cost of the terrible war is now far to high. It's costing this country £5 billion a year, I think more. Money that could be used to create an economic miracle in South Yorkshire. Along with the terrible deaths of our young soldiers, civilians and the tragic injuries our forces are suffering. And don't tell me that when you sign up you know what you are getting into. Do you honestly think a 18 year old unemployed lad, who has never been outside Yorkshire, and after three months training finds himself on the frontline has any idea what he is getting into ? GET REAL ! War is profit for the vile arms dealers ! They love it !

How would you not be aware of what might lay ahead. Armies primarily are there to fight and protect aren't they, inevitably it will/may involve personal danger.

Lads join for many reasons, always have and will. After basic training they know what they are into, if they did not on joining. When I joined over 40% did not get through basic. As for the rest your right.

Archived