• The one on your bike
    • The one after your meal
    • The one as you leave the quit smoking shop
    • The one mixed with a special herb
    • The one somebody shares with you
    • A licorice one
    • The fruit flavoured one
    • Other (please state)

you know how you'll eventually die, from smoking related illnesses!

So you're claiming every smoker will die of a smoking related illness, and no smoker will die of natural causes? Is ignorance your default setting?

I've seen them clock up an hour easy on a normal shift at our place, on a twelve hour shift almost two hours, its terrible.

Makes you wonder how they sleep at night (needing at least one cigarette per hour). I smoke, yet quite easily manage to get through a few hours a day without the need for breaks.

Why don't you try the same, what could your boss say?

Perhaps this is a pointer to the future.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2005/12/23/sacked-for-being-a-smoker-115875-16515416/

A WOMAN was sacked 45 minutes after starting her new job - because she was a smoker.

Shocked Sophie Blinman, 21, who puffs five to 10 cigarettes a day, was dismissed on the spot by bosses despite pledging not to light up in the office.

She raged: "I can't believe a business is allowed a policy against employing smokers. There are far more serious reasons not to employ people. I'm seeking legal advice."

Bosses at Dataflow Communications in Wells, Somerset, said: "If someone is found to smoke, even in their own time, they will not work for the company. Legally, we're entitled to do this. It's positive discrimination, and we're proud of it."

Perhaps this is a pointer to the future.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2005/12/23/sacked-for-being-a-smoker-115875-16515416/

A WOMAN was sacked 45 minutes after starting her new job - because she was a smoker.

Shocked Sophie Blinman, 21, who puffs five to 10 cigarettes a day, was dismissed on the spot by bosses despite pledging not to light up in the office.

She raged: "I can't believe a business is allowed a policy against employing smokers. There are far more serious reasons not to employ people. I'm seeking legal advice."

Bosses at Dataflow Communications in Wells, Somerset, said: "If someone is found to smoke, even in their own time, they will not work for the company. Legally, we're entitled to do this. It's positive discrimination, and we're proud of it."

It's more of a pointer to the past - that news article is over 6 years old!

The only good thing about smoking is that if you smoke, you know how you'll eventually die, from smoking related illnesses! :rant::loopy:

Nasty, vile habit! FACT! (IMO).

So untrue it's funny!!

There was a guy I used to work with who sat at his desk picking his nose and eating it. I would rather be subjected to second hand smoke than have to put up with him all day. Yet picking your nose and eating it is legal!!??

So untrue it's funny!!

There was a guy I used to work with who sat at his desk picking his nose and eating it. I would rather be subjected to second hand smoke than have to put up with him all day. Yet picking your nose and eating it is legal!!??

Perhaps if he were to flick his bogies at you there might be some comparison, but as they're not making your clothes smell, your eyes sting or your lungs rot, your point is weak.

Archived