Taking reading material into a public convenience

I once lived with a chap who would become irregular if he did not have his regular mens mag with him when visiting the toilet. Now, I am not the kind of person who would take literature, or indeed picture books of an acquired taste, into the bathroom whilst making a long call so I find the whole thing odd.

Obviously, horses for courses and all that. However, to fulfill my curiosity, I was wondering if this sort of thing is more common than I am lead to believe.

So...

You have been led to believe wrong. Refined ladies spend time putting the seat up after men, opening the window for badly needed fresh air after men and spraying copious amounts of air fresher around at least 10 minutes before they can even contemplate visiting the toilet after a man has spent hours in there, reading or otherwise.

You have been led to believe wrong. Refined ladies spend time putting the seat up after men, opening the window for badly needed fresh air after men and spraying copious amounts of air fresher around at least 10 minutes before they can even contemplate visiting the toilet after a man has spent hours in there, reading or otherwise.

You sure about that? :suspect:

I wouldn't dream of using the same bathroom that my O/H uses so I don't keep tabs on these things. I only ever enter after a very safe passage of time in order to replace toilet rolls or to do a spot of rebuilding, but all the reading material in there seems to be old Giles Annuals or copies of Top Gear. Does this help with any of your conclusions?

I once lived with a chap who would become irregular if he did not have his regular mens mag with him when visiting the toilet. Now, I am not the kind of person who would take literature, or indeed picture books of an acquired taste, into the bathroom whilst making a long call so I find the whole thing odd.

Obviously, horses for courses and all that. However, to fulfill my curiosity, I was wondering if this sort of thing is more common than I am lead to believe.

So...

Why is the thread title include the words "public convenience" when nothing in your post is about one (in fact, the complete opposite is implied)?:confused:

Archived