Which gym to join

It depends what you're going to use. If you're just going to use the gym and not swim / use fitness classes / need a choice of different gyms around Sheffield then go for Klik (old Fitness First) simply because it's cheaper and will have everything you need to lose weight.

If you're thinking of adding swimming in to your routine, or would benefit from being able to visit 5 different gyms around Sheffield then join Fitness Unlimited

Also consider buying a Sheffield Life Card so that you can try out all of the facilities before committing to membership. It costs £3 for the year (I think it will be going up soon to £5 though) and gives you up to 20% off activities at SIV locations e.g. Hillsborough Leisure Centre, Ponds Forge. You will have to do a gym induction if you want to use the gym, which normally costs £15-£18 depending on the location however this month there is a free gym induction offer.

Just used the KLick fitness place the other day. I found it to be a very up to date gym. Has the usual stuff machinces, free weights and a bunch of cardio equipment but it also has an upstairs area with all your more functional fitness equipment battling ropes, sandbags, suspension trainers, kettlebells, viprs, foam rollers. This stuff keeps your training much more interesting and you can get a quick workout done and not everyone is familiar with this stuff yet so you've a better chance of walking straight in and being able to use it (no waiting). I went on a day pass, no contract, no admin fee, £5 and i got a workout done and saw what it was like. The changing rooms and showers are all pretty standard really.

I think you'd benefit from just going in on a day pass a lot of the stuff they have you wont get at other gyms.

Archived