Lord Glasman makes a stinging attack on the leadership of Ed & Ed.

As far as I remember Blair provided a "dodgy dossier" of spurious inteligence and presented it as proof of the threat of Iraqs WMDS. If the Prime Minister of the time needs to tell deliberate lies to MPs in order to gain their support no rational person can point a finger at them for supporting his war.

You seem to be suggesting that MPs should never question anything that the Prime Minister tells them...

You seem to be suggesting that MPs should never question anything that the Prime Minister tells them...

Whereas you are actually suggesting that MP's should expect the PM, his ministers and advisers to deliberately fabricate evidence and then lie to Parliament about, and for good measure to destroy anyone that gets in their way.

To be honest that is perhaps the most pathetic excuse I have ever come across on this forum.

On a matter of national security intelligence information is not widely circulated as it can and will get into the wrong hands. So Blair turned up in the commons with his dodgy dossier and told MPs that he had compelling evidence of Iraqs WMDs and how they posed an immediate threat to the UK.

MPs were not allowed to study the intelligence reports and expected the countries Prime Minister not to sex them up and embelish them with outright lies.

It was on that basis of trusting the Prime Minister's word that we went to war.

MPs were guilty of expecting a British Prime Minister to tell them the truth on such an important matter that would inevitably cost 10s of thousands of lives.

Blairshould be arrested for war crimes.

He's great and will help no end to keep labour in opposition for as long as he is leader.

A job well done I say!

I keep hearing him being compared to Ian Duncan Smith. I suppose all parties have to have an unelectable leader at some stage.

I keep hearing him being compared to Ian Duncan Smith. I suppose all parties have to have an unelectable leader at some stage.

not forgetting howard and hague for the torys and kinnock and brown for labour of late.

To be honest that is perhaps the most pathetic excuse I have ever come across on this forum.

On a matter of national security intelligence information is not widely circulated as it can and will get into the wrong hands. So Blair turned up in the commons with his dodgy dossier and told MPs that he had compelling evidence of Iraqs WMDs and how they posed an immediate threat to the UK.

MPs were not allowed to study the intelligence reports and expected the countries Prime Minister not to sex them up and embelish them with outright lies.

It was on that basis of trusting the Prime Minister's word that we went to war.

MPs were guilty of expecting a British Prime Minister to tell them the truth on such an important matter that would inevitably cost 10s of thousands of lives.

Blairshould be arrested for war crimes.

Correct, as for those who feel that the current Labour front bench were also decieved by the "Dodgy Dossier" Robin Cook resigned, Claire Short called Blair "reckless" and threatened to resign but bottled it for three months. Short and Cook knew what was going on and so did the rest of the then Labour front bench.

The ones who currently lead Labour are complicit in Blairs war crime, they knew the invasion of Iraq was illegal. Hundreds of thousands are dead. The Labour party are guilty, if not directly then by association.

Archived