Freesat vs Freeview?

Freeview is received via you aerial, Freesat via a satellite dish (surprisingly).

Freeview is usually the cheaper option as all you need is an aerial strong enough to receive the signal and a freeview box.

Freesat boxes are generally a bit more expensive, but can be hooked up to your existing dish once you're rid of sky which is good news and should save you a bit of cash.

There isn't a massive difference between the two, the major channels are pretty much the same, you will get more on freesat but not all the same channels as on freeview.

It doesn't really matter which one you get, there are more channels on Freesat but, nothing to shout about..stuff like news channels and maybe like psychic channels etc

This should help you make your decision, if you see any channels you really want on FreeSat then get that.

But don't assume you can get all channels on Freeview with Freesat, I wouldn't get it...

...because you can't get Dave on Freesat!

Much of a muchness. You can't go wrong with either. Just think of all the money you will save.

We went for Freesat. Unplugged the sky box, plugged in the new one. Ten minute job.

Aye, nowt between them, plus you are not giving brass to Murdoch.

Angel.

As you already have a Sky dish why not try both? Freesat is slightly better quality and has a wider range of channels. You can use your Sky dish to receive it. Does your TV have a built in Freeview or Freesat receiver?

I've got both, but I use Freesat almost all the time. I only use Freeview when I want to use BT Vision. Usually for sport.

Archived