Freesat vs Freeview?

OK...I'm now "in the sticks" so to speak, living in a rural community in Wales.

(thats Wales...not Wales near Sheffield)

Old TV, and bought a freeview box for £18 (Asda). I get about 12 channels. The usual BBC, ITV etc.

There is a satelite dish and cable to the house.

I'm not interested in the monthly pay me this crap anymore. (Done that with Virgin)

Is freesat going to give me more channels? I miss ITV3.

If so...what is the cost.

I'm still a tight Yorkshireman, lol.

If you live in the sticks go with freesat as you know you get a signal to transmit to your tv, you can alos vey easily set it up yourself.

If you move to freeview, the aerial signal might not be strong enough and youmight need a new aerial.

Phone sky, and cancel they will offer you something to stay, if it's costing too much, you'll still get all the free channels with your current sky box and card. Try this first, freesat boxes can easily be purchased if teh sky free package isn't enough for you.

Good lcuk and hope thisbad weather isn't effecting you too much

nite

dee

The link provided by Formosaurus in Post 4 tells you which channels you will get with each system.

How much you spend on a Freesat box is up to you. - If you want to use Freesat then there are a number of simple receivers (not dedicated) you can buy, but life will be much easier if you buy a Freesat box (which will give you access to the programme guide.

If you want HD, then obviously you need an HD box - and they cost more.

If you want to record a programme then you need a box which will record - and they cost more.

The link provided by Formosaurus in Post 4 tells you which channels you will get with each system.

How much you spend on a Freesat box is up to you. - If you want to use Freesat then there are a number of simple receivers (not dedicated) you can buy, but life will be much easier if you buy a Freesat box (which will give you access to the programme guide.

If you want HD, then obviously you need an HD box - and they cost more.

If you want to record a programme then you need a box which will record - and they cost more.

Well said. A lot of people think that if they get a freesat box they will be able to get all freeview channels plus more, and obviously this isn't the case.

There are many freeview channels which you cant recieve via freesat, specifically Dave.

It's up to you, I think if I had the choice I'd have Freeview. We have Freeview upstairs and Virgin media downstairs and, I have absolutely no need for satellite TV when I have Freeview.

Archived