Charity shops make em pay

the business that pays rent and rates , vat and tax , if you wish to check if charity shops pay these please call sheffield council and ask the question

I see you're point but you're talking as though the only person the low rates benefit is the manager of the store.

Charity shops do good work for the charity, and lets not forget the people who buy from them are often not able to afford the prices that are charged for new things, and are forced to buy second hand from charity shops.

So they're helping the people for whom the charity is raising money, as well as the people who cannot afford to buy new, and are forced to buy from charity shops.

heres the facts and you can dress it up all you like, most charity shops pay virtually no rent and rates, when you take your stuff in they will call the antique man in to price em or sell them to him, i saw about 20 lilliput lane cottages last week in a charity shop and the day after they were gone, i bet the antique dealer bioght em as they were all about £5 each, they usually have a manageress above all the other staff on around £18000 pa they will pay no vat and i bet no tax, i bet little goes to the charity, the sooner you wake up the better, ask your local council TOMMOROW what theyre paying in rent and rates ...........................EITHER NOWT or summat very near

heres the facts and you can dress it up all you like, most charity shops pay virtually no rent and rates, when you take your stuff in they will call the antique man in to price em or sell them to him, i saw about 20 lilliput lane cottages last week in a charity shop and the day after they were gone, i bet the antique dealer bioght em as they were all about £5 each, they usually have a manageress above all the other staff on around £18000 pa they will pay no vat and i bet no tax, i bet little goes to the charity, the sooner you wake up the better, ask your local council TOMMOROW what theyre paying in rent and rates ...........................EITHER NOWT or summat very near

Do you have a problem with charity in general or just charity shops?

Thanks for admitting you just made up that 99%.

Any idea what the real figure is? No? Maybe just keep guessing, eh?

So lets imagine the council do as you wish, and all the charity shops close down because they can't/don't want to pay the rates.

Then what?

I'm not seeing the next part of your great scheme to get the country moving....

Unless of course all the 'stock' then gets collected by these dodgey agencies that claim to be 'charities' but then weigh all the clothing in and pocket the cash, you know the ones, you get about 4 sacks a week thru your door with an efinopian on the front.

There was actually a van sat at the recycling centres the other day with two guys taking bags off people as they came to recycle them, and dumping them in the back of their van instead, and people were giving it to them.

Wonder what rates they're paying, or do you reckon they might be signing on by any chance?

The council have no control over the rent.

Why didn't you buy the LL cottages Mr. Businessman?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, just saying "fact" before a sentence doesn't make it so.

Offer some documented proof to back up your statements.

Archived