Can the UK afford to house and feed the world,

That's because you continue to refuse to state clearly what you want or are talking about despite being asked multiple times to do so.

But I think you've made it clear that it's about government spending on aid, since I'm pretty sure you're not being personally forced into making charitable donations.

But feel free to stop being obtuse and state it clearly now so that it's all clear.

Why are you trying to argue this point?

So what's your point? The US is a huge market that's all. If poorer countries cannot feed their populations they need to start practicing birth control either voluntarily or by force if necessary.

So what's your point? The US is a huge market that's all. If poorer countries cannot feed their populations they need to start practicing birth control either voluntarily or by force if necessary.

I thought you were a citizen of the USA? You sound more like a throwback to Nazi Germany.

Why are you trying to argue this point?
Since the US steadfastly refuses to become European and sticks to the good old lbs. And since I refuse to use a calculator, I will round things about a bit.

330 kilos by 3 more or less equals 1000 kilos, or around 2000 lbs. Good enough for government work. That's nearly 40 lbs. a week for one person, just for meat, nearly 6 pounds a day.That is utterly ridiculous. I know there are plenty of overweight people here, as Jeremy Clarkson reminds us ad nauseum, forgetting of course that he is a little chubby himself, as well as an idiot, but I know nobody who eats like that. My wife likes a yogurt for breakfast, I like a 2 egg omelet with bacon or sausage, we both like a tuna sandwich for lunch, an 8 ounce steak, baked potato and mushrooms for dinner, and a late night snack of crackers and cheese, or a shrimp cocktail. We're pretty typical of America. We dine out about once a week, and I admit that American restaurants can never be found guilty of starving their clientele, but it sure beats the paper thin undercooked beef, mashed potatoes, and cabbage of my youth in British restaurants, served by waiters with a sense of their own superiority.

I've said this for years.

It's profoundly naive of the aid organisations to provide medical aid and food to the 'poor starving' in these countires.

They're poor and starving because they have more kids than they or their environment can feed. That's not my fault, so I don't see why my taxes should pay for it.

All 3rd world aid achieves is making more mouths survive either to need feeding next year or, far worse, to create even more mouths to feed in the next generation.

Since the US steadfastly refuses to become European and sticks to the good old lbs. And since I refuse to use a calculator, I will round things about a bit.

330 kilos by 3 more or less equals 1000 kilos, or around 2000 lbs. Good enough for government work. That's nearly 40 lbs. a week for one person, just for meat, nearly 6 pounds a day.That is utterly ridiculous. I know there are plenty of overweight people here, as Jeremy Clarkson reminds us ad nauseum, forgetting of course that he is a little chubby himself, as well as an idiot, but I know nobody who eats like that. My wife likes a yogurt for breakfast, I like a 2 egg omelet with bacon or sausage, we both like a tuna sandwich for lunch, an 8 ounce steak, baked potato and mushrooms for dinner, and a late night snack of crackers and cheese, or a shrimp cocktail. We're pretty typical of America. We dine out about once a week, and I admit that American restaurants can never be found guilty of starving their clientele, but it sure beats the paper thin undercooked beef, mashed potatoes, and cabbage of my youth in British restaurants, served by waiters with a sense of their own superiority.

Things must have changed as I've never had paper thin undercooked beef, mashed potatoes, and cabbage, served by waiters with a sense of their own superiority whenever I've eaten out.

Things must have changed as I've never had paper thin undercooked beef, mashed potatoes, and cabbage, served by waiters with a sense of their own superiority whenever I've eaten out.
I'm sure its fine now. I'm talking about when I was young, a very long time ago. I haven't been in the UK for years except an hour in Heath Row travelling from Ireland to Norway

Archived