Can the UK afford to house and feed the world,

It speaks volumes about you that you see the problem in terms of 'reducing the surplus population of the poor'.

Howabout bringing the poor out of poverty, or having a fairer distribution of wealth?

You have a very comfortable lifestyle, live in the richest nation on earth, and begrudge your miniscule fraction of $57 million to feed the poor?

Utterly selfish. Loathsome.

As I said in another thread the other day.

An aid worker just back from Africa said to me, on average they have 9 children per mother, if they had 2 or 3 then they'd probably all survive because we can handle that amount financially.

It makes me think of those headlines over here where you have a family on benefits with loads of kids and no jobs.

What's the third option?

It's doing what you can to assist when there's a specific problem, but otherwise leaving people to be responsible for themselves.

Neither the UK or the US is the daddy of every other nation, we have neither an obligation to feed or the right to interfere with anything beyond our borders.

What's the birthrate among Somlians and Sudanese refugees in Britain

I have no idea, but are you now talking about the poor within the US, not the foreign poor?

The County of Los Angeles spends around 57 million dollars a year supporting the large families of illegal aliens from Mexico and points south. A fraction of it is my money which I'd sooner see spent on our schools not on food stamps

And so you have anyone poor sterilised. You're obviously beyond caring about that, but if one of your children or grand children end up broke, you'd be happy to see them dragged forcibly into a clinic in order to make sure they don't breed?

An aid worker just back from Africa said to me, on average they have 9 children per mother, if they had 2 or 3 then they'd probably all survive because we can handle that amount financially.

Where in Africa? It's a massive continent.

Your remarks re 'if they had two or three they'd probably all survive because we can handle that amount fiancially' are utter twaddle and so vague as to be meaningless.

What's your solution by the way to reducung the surplus population of the poor in the world.

You'd best hope that the threshold doesn't get set above your level of wealth hadn't you... Or didn't you think about that. From Bill Gates perspective, you're down, out, broke and never will have an amount of money worth even thinking about. So to the internment camp for you and all your ilk...

Your remarks re 'if they had two or three they'd probably all survive because we can handle that amount fiancially' are utter twaddle and so vague as to be meaningless.

North West, he got the stats about family size from George Alagiah, do you doubt his stats?

You always hear these stories though.... They've walked for 3 weeks and four of her children died along the way... etc...

Who is it he's claiming would be able to handle that financially? The aid organisations?

And is he applying this to everyone in Africa then, he has a good overview of family size and child mortality and so on across the entire continent?

So now you claim to know more than an aid worker who has actually been in Africa?

Have you ever worked as an aid worker in Africa? What makes you think you possess some superior knowledge on the subject ?

So now you claim to know more than an aid worker who has actually been in Africa?

Have you ever worked as an aid worker in Africa? What makes you think yuou possess some superior knowledge on the subject ?

I've never claimed to be an aid worker or to know any aid workers and there's nothing in what I said to suggest otherwise. Is there something wrong with you?

You'd best hope that the threshold doesn't get set above your level of wealth hadn't you... Or didn't you think about that. From Bill Gates perspective, you're down, out, broke and never will have an amount of money worth even thinking about. So to the internment camp for you and all your ilk...

That's a plainly ridiculous comment. You're just getting too emotional and drifting off to La La Land :hihi:

Ne'er a penny of Gates money was or ever will be used to feed and clothe me

I've never claimed to be an aid worker or to know any aid workers and there's nothing in what I said to suggest otherwise. Is there something wrong with you?

I just wish sometimes you'd express your own ideas beyond getting into one line pI*ssing contests with fellow forumers. It's a bad habit of yours

If you believe that the problem of the worlds large population of poor could be solved so that there would be no more large populations of poor and needy then come out and say it.

Dont make me have to ask you again

I have to go pick up the grand kids from school.

I look forward to your meaningful input into this conversation :D

Archived