Can the UK afford to house and feed the world,

There was a news article on the BBC last year. There was the aftermath of floods in Somalia or something, mothers and children had been walking for 3 weeks to get to an aid centre (because they weren't allowed in the country???), this new refugee camp was next to another refugee camp which was still full and being supported by international aid, and had been for 20 years since.

They were about to start building another one too.

The people of the town were complaining because they had very very little and worked so hard, whilst right next to them there is a refugee town totally on benefits and another soon to come. I'm guessing it's now there!

Struggling to find an incisive article (too many terrorist and civil war articles in the way)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/28/us-somalia-famine-idUSTRE76R5CK20110728

Your mentality belongs to the 19th century. Has it occured to you what continuous childbearing does to a woman's body and in particular if she's living in poor circumastances or does that matter a damn to you.? Obviously your way of thinking is that a woman has no rights and is just a vessel for breeding. .

Really? Did you not bother reading this bit?

I absolutely agree that women should be empowered to control their own reproductivity.

You're telling me I don't believe women have rights? You're the one who was suggesting sterilising the poor.

I absolutely agree that women should be empowered to control their own reproductivity.

Then it would be prudent to forcibly sterilize the men instead of the women because in many countries men appear to say what a women will do and how many children she will have. :)

No-one is going to get sterilised!

It’s been done before; one country which I can't remember sterilized everyone that committed a crime no matter how trivial.

Sooner or later if people don't stop having too many children then force will be used, whether it’s right or wrong is irrelevant, human survival will depend on it. The stronger more powerful humans won’t risk themselves just to allow everyone to have lots of children.

Archived