Can the UK afford to house and feed the world,

I don't feel anything, I just hate people saying we should do more to help, its not for them to deside what we should do, they should just focus on what they want to do.

Aren't you doing exactly the same? Don't you think that everyone should have a say in what we (presumably meaning collectively via the government) should do?

Why do people that want to save everyone always suggest that the people than know the planet is over populated should commit suicide or give up antibiotics.

Because what you are actually saying is that we shouldn't give aid to countries with problems because it just makes the situation worse for all of us. Exactly the same argument applies on a smaller scale to giving medical aid to you (or anyone).

They never actually say what they will give up the feed the people they feel sorry for, not one poster that feels sad at the starving as offered everything they have to help the starving world.

Nobody has suggested that we should do that, so why are you surprised. What these people do want (and you don't) is that the government continue to give targeted aid to those most in need.

The people that took part in Band Aid, they claim to feel sorry for these poor people and yet they live in life well beyond a sustainable level. It’s always about someone else giving up what they have to help the people they feel sorry for.

Is it, who's asking someone else to give something up? With the exception of trying to make the point to you that medical aid on a personal level is much like food aid on a national level.

The second poster claimed we should provide the basic needs, roof and food to the people that don’t have it.

So it's just one person who you want to argue with.

The implication of what you've written though isn't just that we can't feed and house the entire world (self evident) but that we shouldn't give any aid at all, is that what you believe?

Aren't you doing exactly the same? Don't you think that everyone should have a say in what we (presumably meaning collectively via the government) should do?

No I’m saying if someone wants to donate they can and if someone doesn’t want to they shouldn’t have to. Why should the people that want to donate dictate that everyone should be forced to. I don’t want to stop people giving and they shouldn’t want me to give.

Because what you are actually saying is that we shouldn't give aid to countries with problems because it just makes the situation worse for all of us. Exactly the same argument applies on a smaller scale to giving medical aid to you (or anyone).

Nobody has suggested that we should do that, so why are you surprised. What these people do want (and you don't) is that the government continue to give targeted aid to those most in need.

Is it, who's asking someone else to give something up? With the exception of trying to make the point to you that medical aid on a personal level is much like food aid on a national level.

I'm not saying you shouldn’t give, you can give what you like but why should I give just because you want me to. If you want to give, then give and if people are starving and you feel sorry for them give some more if you want.

No I’m saying if someone wants to donate they can and if someone doesn’t want to they shouldn’t have to. Why should the people that want to donate dictate that everyone should be forced to. I don’t want to stop people giving and they shouldn’t want me to give.

Who is dictating to you or forcing you to give anything? If people want to give they can, and vice versa.

The implication of what you've written though isn't just that we can't feed and house the entire world (self evident) but that we shouldn't give any aid at all, is that what you believe?

It’s not an argument it’s a discussion, a member said something and I thought it best to start a new topic to discuss it, isn't that the point of the forum.

Again when you want to give aid you mean we should give aid, why can't you just give if that’s what you want? Why do you feel the need to tell everyone that they should also give.

Archived