Can the UK afford to house and feed the world,

Who is dictating to you or forcing you to give anything? If people want to give they can, and vice versa.

Every time someone that wants to give, says the government should give more is saying I should give more, because I contribute to the government funds. If everyone that wanted to help others helped them, then the government wouldn't need to.

Can the UK afford to house and feed the world, and how much would you give up to achieve this.

I believe there are too many humans on the planet and it is this fact that leaves people starving, we are after all just one of the many animals on this planet, and nature will always find a balance.

To feed and home people takes natural resources. The more people in this world means a greater demand on natural resources. At the rate these resources are being used, it won't be long before they become scarce or run out completely and that will lead to mass starvation amongst other things.

Nobody here has (possibly 1 poster), can you show me someone that has? Who were you setting yourself up to argue with in your OP?

Care to actually provide some of that evidence? :huh::huh::huh:

We could, we'd have to stop leaving fields empty, and maybe even start growing things in our parks and gardens, but we could.Who are these people?

Where would you get the water from.

Education around contraception and birth control would be a step forward, and not just in the developing world. I find it worrying that even here, in our developed society, so many people have children without considering who is responsible for their support.

Education around contraception and birth control would be a step forward, and not just in the developing world. I find it worrying that even here, in our developed society, so many people have children without considering who is responsible for their support.

That’s partially the fault of our benefits system, in the link about, in one part of India no one as more than three children and many only have 1 or 2 and that’s down to education, access to contraception, and possibly down to the lack of a benefits system.

Can the UK afford to house and feed the world, and how much would you give up to achieve this.

I believe there are too many humans on the planet and it is this fact that leaves people starving, we are after all just one of the many animals on this planet, and nature will always find a balance.

Well it's going to hit 10 billion within 30 years. The short answer is no, it's pointless trying.

No I’m saying if someone wants to donate they can and if someone doesn’t want to they shouldn’t have to. Why should the people that want to donate dictate that everyone should be forced to. I don’t want to stop people giving and they shouldn’t want me to give.

Has someone made you personally give to charity?

Or are you actually talking about the country giving money and saying that your view is the one that should be imposed on everyone?

Or is it the last bit you said there, you want to actually control peoples thoughts and require that they don't want you to give? I suppose you'd prefer it if I didn't want to argue with you as well?

It’s not an argument it’s a discussion, a member said something and I thought it best to start a new topic to discuss it, isn't that the point of the forum.

Discussion is a synonym for argument when people have different opinions on the topic being discussed.

Every time someone that wants to give, says the government should give more is saying I should give more, because I contribute to the government funds. If everyone that wanted to help others helped them, then the government wouldn't need to.

So you are saying that your opinion should be the only one that counts... That because you don't want to give (through taxation being spent on it) nobody else should be able to give that way either...

Correct?

Archived