ChaoBaby (Thai Restaurant) - Meadowhall.

verona

I went here yesterday and really enjoyed it. Okay, it's part of a small chain and I'm not one for hot buffet, but I was really impressed with the food and the quality for buffet.

£12.95 is a little on the steep side but you get plenty to choose from and it all seems pretty fresh.

Worth a visit if you fancy something different.

Just add as well that the staff are excellent.

I agree with you Verona.

I visited for the first time a couple of weeks ago with wife and kids in tow. There is a good range of food and it's nicely prepared. I've travelled quite a lot in the Far East and am familiar with the food out there, but for anyone who hasn't tried Thai food or doesn't know a great deal about it, this is a good opportunity to experiment with lots of different dishes.

The only thing I'd say is that it can be quite expensive if you are taking kids - because any child OVER 8 is charged as an adult at £12.95. Which I think is a bit steep. My youngest is 10 although I forgot his age on the day we visited.

Yes quite a nice place and the quality of food is above average for a buffet place. Although they could do with more variety of dishes especially in desserts. I have noticed they have lowered their prices since opening.

How much was it when it opened?

I was too stuffed to have dessert but, yes, they didn't appear to be much choice.

There's also another place called 'Rice' or someting, opposite side. Not buffet but looked reasonable, 3 courses for £10.95.

• 2 weeks later...

I went the other day and while it doesn't compare with the proper Thai restaurants in town for quality it is not bad as a theme restaurant in Meadowhall. As with any buffet restaurant when you go up to the food counter is important: if the food has been hanging around for 20 minutes it isn't going to be that good. If it's just come from the kitchen, it very well might be. Our meal was hit and miss but the decor is fine, there's a good view over the Oasis, the jellyfish in the aquarium are fascinating and the waitresses are gorgeous. So not bad at all.

• 4 months later...
I went here yesterday and really enjoyed it. Okay, it's part of a small chain and I'm not one for hot buffet, but I was really impressed with the food and the quality for buffet.

£12.95 is a little on the steep side but you get plenty to choose from and it all seems pretty fresh.

Worth a visit if you fancy something different.

Just add as well that the staff are excellent.

I agree. Went Tuesday, excellent.:love:

Archived