UK Military Warning To Iran Over Strait Closure

If you mean burgers we dont eat them much. They're cheap and greasy.

Might be okay for Sheffield palats though.

What I did list as what we eat is pretty standard fare. Nothing fancy about that.

If I wanted fancy I'd dine at Ma Maison in Beverley Hills at a hundred plus dollars a plate and exchange winks with Angelina Jolie sitting at the next table

Anyway this thread has gone way off track. It will be closed if we dont get it back on the subject.

The definite article is the word 'the'.

Not a hamburger.

But a simple mistake to make I suppose.

... I think that closing the straits is little more than rhetoric, to inject some FUD, wobble the oil prices and playing to the gallery for domestic political purposes.

I agree.

Should there be any military action, then I suspect it will be 'limited' to actions against the Iranian Navy, coastal SAM sites and surface-to-surface missile sites.

Many Iranians may dislike their government, but should foreign forces invade the country, it wouldn't surprise me if they disliked the invaders even more.

A perceived 'real' threat to close the Straits might well cause a strong surge in the price of oil. There might (as Harleyman said) be some shortages . and those shortages would be worse in some places than in others - but the effect on World Trade and on the global economy would be considerable.

The nice thing about Wimpy (Wimpey build houses) was that you got a cutlery and crockery, and didn't end up eating your burger out of a paper tray.

Having said that, they were disgusting.

Cutlery and crockery with a bun that was about three inches in diameter with just a piece of meat in the middle........ YeeHaw !!!!

As opposed to USA gourmet food eh?

Hamburgers and dried beef slices.

chili con carne, gumbalaya, clam chowder, new york deli, boston beans, philly steaks, maple syrup, blueberry muffins. pierogis, kielbasa.

chili con carne, gumbalaya, clam chowder, new york deli, boston beans, philly steaks, maple syrup, blueberry muffins. pierogis, kielbasa.

It sounds disgusting, like something you scrape off the sole of your shoe.

Archived