Ignorant people parking in disabled parking spaces.

I often see women, parking in the mother and baby spaces, who seem to have forgotten their child. They have a baby seat so I know they meet the mother criteria, but child is nowhere to be seen :suspect:

I'm sometimes tempted when I take my Dad as the walk from the car to the store always involves three chats with people he knows two random chats with people he doesn't know and at least one offer to lift/carry something for someone :hihi:

I'm sometimes tempted when I take my Dad as the walk from the car to the store always involves three chats with people he knows two random chats with people he doesn't know and at least one offer to lift/carry something for someone :hihi:

You mean by leaving him at home or in the car on the baby seat? ;):D

My thoughts - Put them at the FAR end of the car park.

However there is one recent addition that's far worse imo

The "electric/low-emission" spaces that have appeared near the front doors of Asda (Handsworth)

I must admit I thought this was a bit weird the last time I visited the Handsworth store of Asda. Although I have a low emission car I didn't use the bays as until I actually walked past them I hadn't realised what they were for !! :suspect:

You mean by leaving him at home or in the car on the baby seat? ;):D

I only take him occasionally now, I do it all online so he can look at new foods and ponder if he would like them in the comfort of the front room :) plus he gets to the pub sooner which is always preferable to him :hihi:

I was in Meadowhall carpark the other day and 2 cars in front of me took the last 2 mother & baby spaces - none of them had children with them, leaving me to struggle with my baby and pram...I approached one of the car owners and pointed out that the space was for people with buggies only to be told 'i got here first so tough' - IGNORANT!!!

These allocated spaces are there for a reason, i wish people could just be a little more considerate and realise that parking an extra 10ft away in a normal space will not actually do them any harm nor will it impact on their day in any way - however their selfish actions do impact on disabled people and mothers with buggies in quite a big, annoying way!!!

Rant over!

When I had children I don't remember that there were mother and child spaces...and I managed perfectly well...they are not needed,if your not capable of getting a child out without extra space..you are not capable of having a child..

My thoughts - Put them at the FAR end of the car park.

However there is one recent addition that's far worse imo

The "electric/low-emission" spaces that have appeared near the front doors of Asda (Handsworth)

At the risk of sounding dim aren't they for the plug in cars? I thought they were there so the wire would reach :confused:

At the risk of sounding dim aren't they for the plug in cars? I thought they were there so the wire would reach :confused:

Not the ones I saw - there weren't any "plug-in" points near those - just a normal bay marked out for "low emission cars only".

You don't shop at Morrisons do you?

No no no. He loves Morrisons they have lots of things he doesn't need on twoferones which he likes to buy then give to me or his pal Alan :| If I have to take him we go to Asda although he does like Waitrose and spent two hours there just before Christmas..... he only bought a Heston Blumenthingy posh vienetta but had a nice look round :roll:

Archived