Ignorant people parking in disabled parking spaces.

Arrgh, this is so annoying- twice now I've written lengthy replies explaining why my son has a blue badge but looks able bodied- the dirty looks we get!

And when I press submit I have to log back in and they've vanished

Quite wound up now :(

Arrgh, this is so annoying- twice now I've written lengthy replies explaining why my son has a blue badge but looks able bodied- the dirty looks we get!

Mine usually posts them when I log back in if that happens. You could write it in Word then paste it in? Please do post it because I'm really interested! This is a big bug bear of mine that people think they can tell who should or shouldn't be using them just from looking and they CAN'T.

Click on the 'keep me logged in' option, then you won't get logged out til you choose.

I would never park in a disabled space, because I am fortunate enough not to need one. Neither would I park in a parent and (small) child spot. To get a child seat out sometimes requires the car door is opened fairly wide, hence the extra space at the side. When I've been with my son, (who has a fairly large car) and he has his two small children to get out, if the parent/child spaces are busy, he looks for the end of a row, even if its at the far side of the car park. That way he can get the children out easily. He sees that as more important than the distance to the doors. So I agree that half the parent/child spaces should be far away from shop entrances. Those ones wouldn't get misused. ;)

In the Hillsborough Morrisons car park yesterday an asshole in a black Mini parked in a parent and child space; had it not been chucking it down with rain I'd have let his tyres down.

Thats a wet excuse if ever I heard one.Why not follow him round the store and tell the other shoppers of his errant conduct?

When ever I use facilties that have disabled parking bays. All the conventional spaces are full, but hardly anyones using the disabled bays? In some cases venues have gone OTT in supplying the facilities.

I found this when I tried shopping at our local Sainsburys store over Christmas. After driving round the car park three times and not being able to find an empty space I gave up. Yet on driving out of the car park I noticed that of the three rows of disabled driver parking spaces only TWO spaces actually had cars in them all the rest were empty!

I wonder why I haven't been back to Sainsbury's since then to do my shopping!

I found this when I tried shopping at our local Sainsburys store over Christmas. After driving round the car park three times and not being able to find an empty space I gave up. Yet on driving out of the car park I noticed that of the three rows of disabled driver parking spaces only TWO spaces actually had cars in them all the rest were empty!

Have Sainsburys reached the IOW?I expect you have to visit Pompey for exotics like fresh fruit.

Have Sainsburys reached the IOW?I expect you have to visit Pompey for exotics like fresh fruit.

Cheeky! :hihi: Not only have we Sainsburys, but we've Tesco, Morrisons, Co-op and Lidl AND we're getting our very own Asda Superstore soon too!! Woo hoo!! Can't wait! :love:

AND believe it or not I buy fresh fruit too.........and fresher than the supermarkets sell as I get mine from the farm shops!

We are gradually moving into the 20th century you know - we'll soon make it to the 21st!! :hihi::hihi:

Cheeky! :hihi: Not only have we Sainsburys, but we've Tesco, Morrisons, Co-op and Lidl AND we're getting our very own Asda Superstore soon too!! Woo hoo!! Can't wait! :love:

AND believe it or not I buy fresh fruit too.........and fresher than the supermarkets sell as I get mine from the farm shops!

We are gradually moving into the 20th century you know - we'll soon make it to the 21st!! :hihi::hihi:

I remember when Chilelrton Down won an award for being the highest TV mast between Poole and Portsmouth.

you should have parked in any bay that was free that's what any supermarket would want you to do,rather than you leaving. i would have without a second thought.

Supermarkets do not want this separation,nor do they want to deal with the crap that they have to deal with as a result.

New supermarkets now have to have low emission bays,something else supermarkets don't want but won't get planning permission without them.

Disabled badges is one of the most abused schemes there is and very very few displaying badges actually need them,but they are a great perk for the rest of the family.

Any tickets handed out for parking in the wrong bays arnt worth the paper they are wrote on and its just something else that gets staff flack when they have no control.

These bays in many ways just give cause to wingers in one way or another and should be done away with.

Disabled badges is one of the most abused schemes there is and very very few displaying badges actually need them,but they are a great perk for the rest of the family.

Any tickets handed out for parking in the wrong bays arnt worth the paper they are wrote on and its just something else that gets staff flack when they have no control.

How are disabled badges a great perk for the rest of the family?

Much depends on where you live and whether the authorities can be bothered to enforce the laws.

If you go into a car park at a supermarket in Germany, you will probably see a sign which says: "Hier gilt die StVO" - the Road traffic laws apply here. The Police do patrol car parks. If they catch somebody parking in a disabled slot without a sticker, that person will be fined.

Where I am at the moment, the 'going rate' for parking in a disabled bay when either you are in a vehicle without a disabled licence plate (or a blue disabled card) or when you are in such a vehicle and are neither the pass-holder nor are you conveying a disabled person the fine is $250. Worth collecting.

It's a fine. The parking laws are enforced by the police.

Archived