Would you ever consider becoming a 'Traveller'?

With out of work under 35's now been made homeless or forced to live in complete squalor, would they get housing benefit to live on a travelers site?

If so would be happy with our beloved traveling community multiplying?

With 47 million pounds allocated purely for Travellers it is looking like an attractive option.

http://www.planningresource.co.uk/bulletin/planningdaily/article/1110683/hca-allocates-47m-traveller-site-funding/

Im sorry, did I miss something.

Who exactly are all these out of work people who are suddenly living in squalor. Have we suddenly developed a load of mass shanty town on the outskirts of the city? Are all these people living in a ditch drinking water from the drains???

Get a grip :loopy:

There's a shanty town next to Cathedral.

And expect loads more in the future....

Indeed, there is a 'shanty town' of middle class work shy individuals, whose idea of a good time is cluttering up one of the most beautiful buildings in our city. Marvellous.

And that's just the local lawyers in their dinner hour.......

According to the recent Shelter survey, every 2 minutes in this country someone faces being made homeless..... scary statistic. I think it's a very real problem and are we equipped to deal with it?

Look at Soulgirl75 suddenly being serious for a second!

And they are there because ?

I don't know.

I understand they are anti banker/capitalism but I haven't heard any suggestions from them as to what they'd like to see in their/its stead, or how fouling up the cathedral grounds will change anything. So please enlighten me.

Archived