80% of Labour supporters say Miliband's leadership is average to poor

But why deny yourself democracy?

Democracy gives me the right to spoil my papers if I don't agree with the policies put forward by any of the candidates. Even more so if there are only three candidates (one from each of the major three parties).

There are always more than 3 candidates so you should vote for the nearest one to your own convictions.

Not always, and if there is an independent candidate, there is little hope they will be elected.

If you're really motivated you can do more.

Like waste money standing as an independent and standing no real chance of election?

No thanks, I'll stick to spoiling my papers.:thumbsup:

I asked, "why deny yourself democracy?", not what rights a democracy gives you.

Your reasons are flimsy to say the least.

How am I denying myself democracy when one of the rights it grants is the right to spoil my papers?

Are you saying that exercising my right to spoil my papers is undemocratic?

You call not trusting them (politicians) is a flimsy reason for spoiling my papers? Seems like you're simply trying to be provocative.

Miliband is the Hague of the Labour party, no charisma and boring as hell.

You are probably near to the mark, but I don't think the Tories will be going into the next election with Hague as their leader. They tried it once and we all know what happened. So will Labour be going into the next election with an unelectable grotesque in charge?

Archived