Vauxhall Zafira. Loss of power

Hi. Our 04 plate 2.0 Turbo Diesel Zafira has just developed a problem. Starts fine. Drives fine, but when I attempt to accelerate quickly it fails to do so. It just as though the turbo is not engaging. There are no warning lights on the dash board. It was a sudden thing. Parked it up on Sunday night, the following morning it started as always, drove as norma l(I am not a speed demon, I drive usually very steady, very little fast acceleration) but when I pressed down the throttle pedal, it didnt quickly pull/accelerate as usual. There is a point at which the turbo appears to kick in. But this is no longer happening. Its like driving a very small engines car, with little power.

Any Ideas?

If anyone does, detailed instructionson howto solvethe problem would be appriciated. I have an idea, but don't want to put words into mouths.

Many Thanks

DG

My dad had exactly the same problem in October with his 57plate Zafira. Exactly how your describing. Took it to pentagon & they put it onto the diagnostic machine. It came up with tons of errors including numerous unknown. Even pentagon didn't know what it was or how to fix it. He was quoted a possibilty of repairs into 4 figures. Realistically it was worth £6000 in a private sale without the problem (which developed literally overnight) but he obviously couldn't & wouldn't double cross someone like that. So he cut his losses & got 3k for it in partX at Carcraft.

Archived