How about outdoor wedding?

My elder sister plan to hold her wedding ceremony in March, I think outdoor wedding is wonderful, so I suggest her hold an outdoor wedding.

What do you think of outdoor wedding? Or do you have some more wonderful ideas ?

I don't think you can legally get married outdoors, as in any old place. Certain venues have the option of outdoor cermonies, but you can't just pick a field and do it. You can have humanist cermonies anywhere, but you'd have to do the official legal bit in a registarty office. I think that's right anyway.

Strix is right we recently obtained our licence and its not really outside but a structure with walls and roof . You can get married in the entrance to a licensed room with your guests outside ( we have a patio and the bride groom and officiant must be stood inside )

We had an outdoor wedding on a beach at sunrise in Hawaii, it was wonderful....a little noisy with the waves, but very memorable. I think holidays abroad are growing more popular. Last year I worked at quite a few wedding parties where the couple had already been married abroad and had come back to celebrate with their friends and family. It makes for great photos too.

You have to at least be in the doorway of a licenced building, you can't be fully outside. But bandstand at Weston Park is a nice compromise. My friend got married there and it was lovely.

I'm having an outdoor wedding and am having to have the official ceremony at the Town Hall then have a repeat fake ceremony (I'm told this is called a blessing) on the day for all the guests. We really wanted to have a ceremony outside and this was the only way we could think to do it.

Hi Ivvy,

I'm in the same boat - I wanted to have something outdoors in the open but it's not allowed in England! We viewed the bandstand at Weston Park the other day and I think it's as close as we'll get, it is gorgeous too so a happy compromise. There's also the glasshouse at Botanical Gardens which is similar but a little more formal...

I think the information is on the Sheffield Council website.

India

Archived