Internet dating.. good, bad or just plain ugly??

I did online dating a few times. I met a police woman! I took her to the canon for a meal. Nuts and bulmers. It went that well, we went on a second date. I polished my wig and mopped out the Lada, and took her for a relaxing drive to Redmires late on.

It didn't work out well though, she nicked me for driving without due care and attention, and having three bald tyres. Online dating is overated.

They say you need to date older women.

If you date a women aged 40 or above, then it won't just be the laundry or the dishes that are dirty, and apparently, if you date a housewife (or a newly seperated one) then they say it won't just be dirty nappys laying around on the floor in the living room.

They say you need to date older women.

If you date a women aged 40 or above, then it won't just be the laundry or the dishes that are dirty, and apparently, if you date a housewife (or a newly seperated one) then they say it won't just be dirty nappys laying around on the floor in the living room.

'They' do say some funny things don't they?!

I met my EX on facebook and we was soon to be married but things went sour and we called it off.

Things went fine at first but as the years went on, it went down hill.

More of a case of the 'honey moon' period wearing off......I think

Internet dating must work out sometimes otherwise why would people do it?

Because the adverts for these sites depict beautiful people, when in fact all the beautiful people have been accrued in the real world.

lol, ask the model actress in the eHarmony ad if she got her boyfriend from the site, did she balls.

Because the adverts for these sites depict beautiful people, when in fact all the beautiful people have been accrued in the real world.

lol, ask the model actress in the eHarmony ad if she got her boyfriend from the site, did she balls.

Beauty is subjective.

I know lots of beautiful, sexy and extremely attarctive women who have met their partners on dating sites.

7 years ago my brother met his wife online, he moved to liverpool to be with her, got married and now they have 2 beautiful children, a nice big house, a career each and he has never been happier.

personally i wouldnt use it, i always though that my brother copped on lucky with his wife and id end up with a wierdo :hihi:

I was just wondering if anyone had tried internet dating and if so, what are the range of experiences had? Anyone got any 'good news' stories or is it to be generally avoided??

Also, are there any 'etiquette' rules about how to do it?!

I've dated a few women from internet sites. Its the same as real life in my experience - lots of time wasters out there, lots of genuine people. Its just luck who you meet. I found its usually easy to work out the weirdo's and never meet them (at least all the people I have met have been normal, though as in real life it may turn out they have issues which means things won't work out). I know other people have met quite a lot of weirdo's on these sites, so depends on how good your judgement is perhaps.

One thing that is hard is not many people respond to email approaches, so I know a lot of people can find it frustrating.

Archived