Internet dating.. good, bad or just plain ugly??

Use your head ALL of the time. Sure, you can meet some very nice and genuine people online, but being that little bit more careful when going on Online dates is always crucial :)

Indeed, some people lie about their age for a start, someone could say they're my age, when they're really about 18/19.

Not that that would be so bad, at least they're legal at that age :D

YOu will always be judged on your looks/profile photos so try not to look like a complete idiot.

When on your date, try you best to not look down your partners top and never keep dropping money on the floor as a means of having a look up your partners skirt.

When dancing, try not to dance as if you have red hot poker stuck up your bottom

When talking, try to keep it simple, avoid political debate and never admit your are a member of the green party.

Try to big up your job title, for example if you say you are a "tank commander" she will think you are a soldier driving a tank around, whereas a "tank commander" could mean that you actually work in a pet shop and you take care of the fish tanks, cleaning out the fish tanks etc....

Always play it cool when the bill arrives and never blow your top if your partner has ordered expensive food. When the waiter arrives with the wine, insist on testing the wine by swilling around in your mouth and then saying "yes, we will have that wine" - this gives the impression you are sophisticated

Hope this helps and good luck with your dating

Hahahahaha

This is fundamentally and absolutely false in just about every respect. You might as well get it over and done with and meet a person (just follow the Laws of Dating (to be safe)).

Why (before you ask) because people can and will say ANYTHING and a lot of people are very very good at coming across very nicely online to turn out to be a user in real life. See Time Wasters for more information.

That is a very cynical way of looking at it.

Use your head ALL of the time. Sure, you can meet some very nice and genuine people online, but being that little bit more careful when going on Online dates is always crucial :)

would you go on a blind date without telling anybody where you were going?

online dating is blind dating- you never truly know the person until you meet them, and even then first impressions can be misleading.

mind you, thats what real life is like too really.

x

would you go on a blind date without telling anybody where you were going?

online dating is blind dating- you never truly know the person until you meet them, and even then first impressions can be misleading.

mind you, thats what real life is like too really.

x

This is EXACTLY my point. I cannot CANNOT emphasize enough the importance of being careful, of telling people where you're going and of letting your date know (beforehand) that people know.

And even then, the rose tinted monitor comes into view and people seem better than they are. Lots of serial 'daters' out there. It's important to have fun, but be really careful.

Which is also advice I'd give to anyone going on a normal date...

This is EXACTLY my point. I cannot CANNOT emphasize enough the importance of being careful, of telling people where you're going and of letting your date know (beforehand) that people know.

And even then, the rose tinted monitor comes into view and people seem better than they are. Lots of serial 'daters' out there. It's important to have fun, but be really careful.

Which is also advice I'd give to anyone going on a normal date...

I sense you have had a bad time with the interweb dating thing? :)

Archived