Internet dating.. good, bad or just plain ugly??

I wouldn't pick up your half of the bill either...more likely If i'd know the date would probably not have happened.

To expect the tab to be picked up for you on a first date is ironically "tight".

I guess you're single. :D

Did you not read my p.s?

Just like real life then?

Yes. But because, while it's similar, it's a little bit different to real life. When you meet someone in a club, you usually have friends around you; here you have nothing. You could - quite literally - be meeting anyone.

You literally know nothing about the person you're meeting.

Yes. But because, while it's similar, it's a little bit different to real life. When you meet someone in a club, you usually have friends around you; here you have nothing. You could - quite literally - be meeting anyone.You literally know nothing about the person you're meeting.
If you're in a bar or a club, you're likely to be under the influence to some degree, possibly making you more vulnerable.

As AO said earlier, with internet dating you do get a chance to weed out the rubbish to some degree.

Sorry?

The reply you quoted wasn't to you.

I wrote a follow up note to say that I wouldn't allow anyone to pay on a first date but it would be nice for them to offer.

So, no I don't expect it and that is NOT why I'm single...... haha - I wish it was that simple!

Archived