Internet dating.. good, bad or just plain ugly??

I met my lovely bloke online 3 years ago. It was me who approached him, something which I'd never have the guts to do in real life as I'm very shy. I was only on there a couple of days and the amount of messages I got was ridiculous, it gets very tedious especially when it's obvious they haven't read your profile, but then they are so easy to ignore if you wish.

This is a great story; it shows that even with all the truly terrible dates, that there are success stories!

Hurrah! :)

I was inspired by my sister who met her (now ex) husband online and also her current partner. I wasn't expecting to meet someone really special, I was just a bit tired of trying to suss people out on a night out when really I just wanted to dance and get into the music- I felt a different approach was needed. It's funny looking back now, I thought he was way out of my league, but I had nothing to lose by dropping him a line- we joke about how it was me who caught him (on POF lol)

Who says romance is dead?

Good idea though that folding seat, might have to invest in a pair!

Get the ones used by anglers.I earn a little extra by hiring them out on Supertram over the Xmas hols.With a full flask of coffee I am an onboard caterer.

Don't give up Turbo - why don't you come out on our singles night...... it's looking like it's going to be quite 'intimate' (not in a funny way) but there are only a few of us who want to go out so maybe we'll just go for dinner somewhere - would be nice to all get together and at least have a night out with other singletons - maybe make some new friends?!

haha thanks but erm, dont think so! Sounds a good idea in theory but couldnt think of anything worse than meeting a group of singletons in something as intimate as that.

Good luck with it though:thumbsup:

It's so difficult meeting someone. Sometimes it feels like your the last single person out there. I've tried internet dating before but it wasn't successful. The way people came across online was completely different to them in the flesh. So don't think that online chemistry translates to real life. That said I would have a go again when I feel I have no other way of meeting someone. It would be nice to meet someone naturally.

I've heard mysinglefriend.com is quite good as well so may be give that a go.:)

I do agree the way people come across in the flesh can be totally different. Nerves have a part to play in that.

The thing with internet dating is you have to give it 100%, spend a bit of time on your profile, think about your messages and go on plenty of dates, just like you would have to meet plenty of people in real life.

You gotta get organised.

It's like a part-time job. If your not prepared to put that much effort in then unless your Brad Pitt (or female equivilant!), it won't work.:)

I met my lovely bloke online 3 years ago. It was me who approached him, something which I'd never have the guts to do in real life as I'm very shy. I was only on there a couple of days and the amount of messages I got was ridiculous, it gets very tedious especially when it's obvious they haven't read your profile, but then they are so easy to ignore if you wish.

Excellent work commander!

It's nice to hear a happy ending.

I do agree the way people come across in the flesh can be totally different. Nerves have a part to play in that.

The thing with internet dating is you have to give it 100%, spend a bit of time on your profile, think about your messages and go on plenty of dates, just like you would have to meet plenty of people in real life.

You gotta get organised.

It's like a part-time job. If your not prepared to put that much effort in then unless your Brad Pitt (or female equivilant!), it won't work.:)

I agree, it's hard work and you have to really sell yourself which is the bit I really struggle with. Maybe not everyone is destined for love?

I agree, it's hard work and you have to really sell yourself which is the bit I really struggle with. Maybe not everyone is destined for love?

Of course everyone is destined for love!!! It's just a case of being in the right place at the right time to meet the right person!! Have to just get yourself in as many places as many times as possible to increase the chances!!!

Archived