Men - Are You Happy With Yours?

Men - Are you happy with your body?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Men - Are you happy with your body?

• Yes
    • No - state why

The growing popularity and circulation of topical magazines such as Men's Health, FHM and the like could have yielded essentially the same findings (less empirically, for sure) without needing to re-invent the wheel.

As an aside, I am obviously the 1 out of 5, who is quite happy with their body. Not a 6 pack anymore...but still a fairly trim 4 pack, an 'ideal' (standard) size for suits, with the big 4-0 in sight this year :D

I just don't do beer or booze in any quantity (can't have your cake an eating it: doing the 'expected' drinking thing and the 'expected' healthy body thing at the same time), as I've long found instances of excessive alcohol intake to be the main cause for my temporary periods of 'beltsize inflation' :)

I suspect that's why my belly is a little curved right now. Beer is to blame!

An ex of mine was a skinny fella. I found it infuriating :rant:

He was one of those all you can eat and never gain a pound types and lived on fried chicken and kebabs, would even take the lettuce off his burgers, and was the least sympathetic person ever when it came to my perpetual quest to lose weight :mad:

When I attended Slimming World during our relationship the club even made him a badge that said Diet Saboteur on it as he would wait for me in the car park after class with a huge bag of chips :roll:

It made me feel doubly self concious about my tummy as he really really didn't get that not eating much for a few days wouldn't fix my weight.

Since then I never looked twice at thinner fella's and for me a man should have a bit of weight on him to help him do man things :hihi:

Man things? :suspect:

He was one of those all you can eat and never gain a pound types and lived on fried chicken and kebabs, would even take the lettuce off his burgers<...>
I'll confess I used to be the type in my younger years (though I was considerate with it...and never took the lettuce off my burgers ;)).

And I can confirm that it doesn't last forever (metabolism rate must have changed in my late 20s, without any changes to exercising regime or activity type)...that's if you were to feel in a :twisted: mood :D

I suspect that's why my belly is a little curved right now. Beer is to blame!
Maybe not only, or just, beer. Try reducing the qtty for a bit (couple of weeks, tops) and see if it makes any difference. You might not lose weight, but I'd be extremely surprised if you don't "deflate" a bit :)

I'll confess I used to be the type in my younger years (though I was considerate with it...and never took the lettuce off my burgers ;)).

And I can confirm that it doesn't last forever (metabolism rate must have changed in my late 20s, without any changes to exercising regime or activity type)...that's if you were to feel in a :twisted: mood :D

Maybe not only, or just, beer. Try reducing the qtty for a bit (couple of weeks, tops) and see if it makes any difference. You might not lose weight, but I'd be extremely surprised if you don't deflate a bit :)

Now Christmas is over, I will be avoiding alcohol for a while. I do the exercise thing already. Might have to hit more hills and run that bit further :)

Presumably next week the Centre for Appearance Research will be revealing the shocking news that women want smaller bottoms.
Depends which celeb is flavour of the week, J-Lo (e.g.) or Cate Blanchett (e.g.) :D

Now Christmas is over, I will be avoiding alcohol for a while. I do the exercise thing already. Might have to hit more hills and run that bit further :)
I'll be (re-)starting with the exercising proper when I (re-)give up cigs on Sunday :)

Objective - aside from giving up for good (...this time, I swear :D), trim a bit of weight and get back comfortably in my 20 year-old wedding suit :o

Archived