Some help the Jobcentre is!

HARDSHIP payments should be available, even if your benefits have been stopped.

You can now have your benefits stopped for refusing to work for free you see. However, not if you hold a sincere objection (i.e. that forms of corvee labour are illegal under international law for example) and that you are unable to commence MAW until certain things have gone through the courts, or due to your sincerely held belief.

the jobcentre has made no effort or attempt to help me ive had no money since october and there have still not sorted it out yet! I dnt no how they cannot do there job properly. Ive lived in this counrty all my life, some help for british citerzens :rant:

Lived in this country all your life but still you can't grasp basic English skills.

May I ask what efforts you've made since you began your claim to find work ?

Lived in this country all your life but still you can't grasp basic English skills.

May I ask what efforts you've made since you began your claim to find work ?

Instead of interrogating the girl, why not suggest helpful solutions...

She could go down the jobshop and find out what is happening.

She could ask the job centre to buy her a suit, they will, but she will have to buy it from Phillip Green and he don't pay tax on his 'income', not only this, but the garments are manufactured the other side of Eurasia.

So the short term fix, might not be good for UK plc. in the long term, but if it helps her get a job, then maybe it could be.

I sympathise. For four months I've been waiting for one piece of paper to confirm I am an independant student. At one phonecall a week since September this is a huge amount of time on hold :( I've been lied to (every week it was "in the post last Friday" etc.) and generally made to feel like scum. I don't even want any money from them-just one piece of paper confirming that I lived alone for a period of time some year ago. What the hell is so difficult? I've offered to pay postage, I've offered to pick the damn thing up, but no, that would be too easy :hihi: Finally spoke to a lovely man today who "(fingers crossed!) has sorted it, and I will have the required document by Monday. If it doesn't show up there'll be no more Miss Nice, as I will not be happy if I lose my Uni grant because of their incompetence! I truly feel for those actually wanting to make a claim for benefit, if getting hold of some of my own information on a small piece of paper is so damn difficult :(

Excuse me but the job centre doesn't deal with claims. The OP should ring the benefits help line. I don't know the number off hand.

I was also put through to these at some point for reasons best known to themselves (believe it's called "passing the book" ;) ). The same level of uselessness ensued :hihi: I don't even want any money, I just want ONE PIECE of paper. I'm slowly losing my mind over this :D

the jobcentre has made no effort or attempt to help me ive had no money since october and there have still not sorted it out yet! I dnt no how they cannot do there job properly. Ive lived in this counrty all my life, some help for british citerzens :rant:

Awww, too stupid to look for a job?

Archived