Some help the Jobcentre is!

In the quoted comments by others before she edited :P

Ah...

Then why did she edit it so it makes no sense? :suspect:

Anyway, I've had my own dealings with the job centre in the past. They do seem to be a bit useless, or rather, the system of it does. I was unemployed for a while and found a few jobs which were perfect for me, I had all the skills and experience. I'd go to the desk to ask about applying, only to be told "Computer says no- you have to be unemployed for 6 months before you can apply for that job" (it may have been 3 months actually, I can't quite remember now).

This strikes me as insane. Somebody out of work who fits the bill for a job but can't apply for it because they haven't been jobless for long enough. I saw the same jobs every week still available, it really started to wind me up. I should imagine for some who could be watching their life slowly fall apart due to unemployment, this situation could push them over the edge.

My friend makes cakes, shes very good at it, but is self taught, and so lacks some of the professional skills. Shes a single mother, and asked the JC to help her get on a cake making course, to further her skills, as there can be a full time business opportunity for her with the right help. They told her she can't do the course as shes on income support, not JSA. Then they asked her why she would want to do a course in cake making, when they were setting shelf stackers on at the new Asda :hihi:

Archived