Local judges forcing up your leccy bills!

I beg to spliffer.

Probably because your braincell is too frazzled.

If you want to make out a case for the legalisation of cannabis by all means do so - but on its own merits. Don't insult peoples intelligence by pretending there would be any discernable benefit on savings on their electric bill.

If you want to make out a case for the legalisation of cannabis by all means do so - but on its own merits. Don't insult peoples intelligence by pretending there would be any discernable benefit on savings on their electric bill.

Surely lower demand for electricity would lead to lower prices, them 400W and 600W lights on a 16 hour cycle are hardly energy efficient!

And for every factory busted another one rises up.

Of course it does. The electricity used to grow a crop will go towards demand. Higher demand raises the prices. The weed that is confiscated will need to be re-grown. Twice the electricity is therefore used which artificially raises demand. Not a massive demand in the scheme of things but there is an element of truth in it.

Surely lower demand for electricity would lead to lower prices, them 400W and 600W lights on a 16 hour cycle are hardly energy efficient!

Yes - but like I pointed out - given how few people growing cannabis there are compared to the total number of places using electricity then you wouldn't be able to tell the difference on your electric bill.

If it was legalised then it would be made on an industrial scale and electricity used per cannabis grown would be even less.

Yes - but like I pointed out - given how few people growing cannabis there are compared to the total number of places using electricity then you wouldn't be able to tell the difference on your electric bill.

If it was legalised then it would be made on an industrial scale and electricity used per cannabis grown would be even less.

Title of the story linked to in the OP;

Cannabis-growing an epidemic: judge

So illegal cannabis is using more electricity. You acknowledge that then?

Allowing people to legally grow enough for their own use would make no difference. The bigger market is the majority of users who can't or are unwilling to grow their own.

In fact, people can grow a couple of plants and the police don't do anything if there is no evidence of dealing.

Removing people from their families and sticking them in jail for growing strains of naturally occuring vegetables. It beggars belief.

Would feeding people strains of naturally ocurring vegetables also beggar belief?

I know where I could find some mushrooms. (It wouldn't be a good idea to eat most of these.)

This is a naturally-occurring vegetable. You probably wouldn't want to eat it.

Archived