EBAY DISPUTES advice needed

hi everyone, i was wondering if anyone has ever had a dispute with ebay regarding something you sold.

i sold a phone for £230 in full working order with 4gb sd card, plastic film on screen too, it was a 2 month old BB torch.

the person had it for 2 weeks then said i had sold him a broken phone.

he has asked for money back, i refused, he sent phone back to me, minus sd card, with a 02 sim (not mine), plastic film off screen, damaged charging socket , then opened a dispute.

my money on hold now and when case closes i will have to pay him then appeal my case!!!

surely anyone could try this trick and rip people off,

if was not working since he got it on 17th dec as he says , but just wrapped it up to give as a gift!!!, surely this is odd behaviour, as i know it was working as i charged it up for him , i feel a rip off coming on,

do you think my appeal will go in my favour and with a sim in it and sd card missing it looks like he has been using it and bust it.:suspect:

I've never had a dispute on eBay, but I do know that in most cases they tend to side with the buyer :(

i have phoned ebay up and they have taken note of all this so i am hoping they realise it is dodgy from the buyers end, :roll:

dont count on it i sold a perfect working order petrol flymo to a woman she had it a month b 4 saying it was no good and faulty, was 100 percent working. all the excuses came it was delivered up side down,lol my fault?? she got her money back and kept the mower ebay do not want to no a rip off.

dont count on it i sold a perfect working order petrol flymo to a woman she had it a month b 4 saying it was no good and faulty, was 100 percent working. all the excuses came it was delivered up side down,lol my fault?? she got her money back and kept the mower ebay do not want to no a rip off.

oh dear, well all i can do is hope eh?, i feel even more depressed now lol.

it is my daughters upgrade i bought off her, apparently i just found out from shop she got it from, it comes with 2yr warrantee and if she sends to blackberry for fixing she might be lucky as they usualy just bin them and replace no questions asked, fingers crossed ;) watch this space

if thats the case i will re sell without even opening box and make it collection only so they can sign a note saying full working order and no returns lol

have you checked the phones emei number to make sure youve got the original one back ?

ive heard of this being done before, but obviously you would have had to take a note of the number before you sent it off, sometimes its on the side of the box too

hi, yes i did take note of emi numbers on it and also put dot on battery and inside phone in case of that, and its the same phone. :hihi: JUST BROKEN !!!!

I bought a big yellow teapot through eBay recently, the stupid bloody woman who sold it me sent it in a plastic carrier bag and a brown paper bag; when I unwrapped it the end of the spout was smashed :mad:

thats just pure laziness and trying to save on postage costs . i would have bubble wrapped it then put in box with more packing etc, and mark fragile, common sense !!!!!!!!!!

hi, yes i did take note of emi numbers on it and also put dot on battery and inside phone in case of that, and its the same phone. :hihi: JUST BROKEN !!!!

If it was a fair world you would proberly win the appeal,unfoutunetly as someone has already said,e.bay do tend to side with the buyer. good luck anyway.

Archived