EBAY DISPUTES advice needed

After reading comments on here I think the answer is simple + just stop using E-Bay. I'm sure if sellers stopped selling then maybe the owners might start wondering why and actually do something positive to stop these scams.

I've never sold or bought anything on e-bay and from reading of what seems to be happening am glad I don't.

Its not all doom and gloom but you have to be aware of the pit falls before hand and its a true learning curve as fee bay regularly change the rules

I've just got my Powerseller status back, I had an account before selling phone accessories in huge volumes, well over 10,000 items per month, and so many items not received (which I guess on high volumes, you will encounter more of) but luckily they were cheap items, and didn't break the bank to resend. I've now started a new account selling handmade wedding invites, and I don't sell as many, maybe 15 a month, but its so much more time consuming! I have only 521 feedback, but I have 5 stars for all the DSRs, which is nice. Only one problem so far, that I had spelt something wrong, and the lady was happy to keep the invites and take a 50% refund for my error. I'm just gutted now that they've reduced the FVF discounts for top rated sellers, from 10% to 5%, money grabbing gits!

hi everyone just to have a point on the other side my son as a ebay shop pays just under £1000 per month that covers every thing or so it should he shipped £700 worth of parts to a chap in Germany got all the paperwork, signed on collection at door and the chap still siad it never arrived so he is in dispute. this leads to bad feed back plus back account blocked now my lad is working hard took two men on does 14/16 a day loves what he does but ebay only work for themsleves them the buyer this week the family srimpt togeather the pay two wages but thats what family is about ebay is good when it is good

Bad feedback can be removed if the seller proves his point

If buyer 'slanders' you as a person, mentions disputes or refunds, and generally doesn't keep it item related, you can have the comment removed, the bad mark stays

Actually you can have the bad mark removed too one buyer did it to me and after a call to the office it was removed as I was speaking to them ,the buyer knows they can leave bad feedback and the seller can`t which is totally unfair.If they leave neg feedback a point is taken of a sellers score prove your case and its restored (but feebay won`t tell you that you have to tell them you want it restoring sometimes but not always they do it just stand your ground with them ).......xx

I've never had a dispute on eBay, but I do know that in most cases they tend to side with the buyer :(

Not always as long as you can prove your case to ebay.But if you actually have the phone back they probably will side for buyer.If he still has phone and you can prove everything that it said in your listing seller has a very good chance of winning.

One thing worth noting to the op, go to contact ebay they have a live chat,im sure if you explain they may be able to look in to your problem,its much more effective than emailing and u get to talk to a real person.

Not always as long as you can prove your case to ebay.But if you actually have the phone back they probably will side for buyer.If he still has phone and you can prove everything that it said in your listing seller has a very good chance of winning.

One thing worth noting to the op, go to contact ebay they have a live chat,im sure if you explain they may be able to look in to your problem,its much more effective than emailing and u get to talk to a real person.

The live chat 95% of the time is useless even though they have english names most are not and operate for some far flung distant shore .....more times than not you end up trying to get them to understand and either end up closing the chat and calling them on the freephone number or argueing with them .LIVE CHAT IS useless.aLso they make you wait for ages for a reply and then dissappear again

An item not as described, eg the DS with scratched screen will have to be returned to seller, recorded with proof, before seller has to refund. Always note serial numbers, the one you sent isn't always what comes back!

And always try and take accurate, dated photos, of the item you are selling. I did this with a pair of UGG boots which the buyer said were not authentic.

I had sent the certificate with them, which she said she had not received. I also took a photo of the holographic label which proved authenticity, and had the receipt from when they were bought (I was selling due to Mr F buying the wrong size! :| )...I had to scan all this through before she miraculously "found" the certificate.....

On eBay, unfortunately, a lot of people are players and want "summat for nowt", just arm yourself with as much evidence as you can!

And always try and take accurate, dated photos, of the item you are selling. I did this with a pair of UGG boots which the buyer said were not authentic.

I had sent the certificate with them, which she said she had not received. I also took a photo of the holographic label which proved authenticity, and had the receipt from when they were bought (I was selling due to Mr F buying the wrong size! :| )...I had to scan all this through before she miraculously "found" the certificate.....

On eBay, unfortunately, a lot of people are players and want "summat for nowt", just arm yourself with as much evidence as you can!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Also keep everything for 2 months after 2 months they can`t claim

Archived