EBAY DISPUTES advice needed

The live chat 95% of the time is useless even though they have english names most are not and operate for some far flung distant shore .....more times than not you end up trying to get them to understand and either end up closing the chat and calling them on the freephone number or argueing with them .LIVE CHAT IS useless.aLso they make you wait for ages for a reply and then dissappear again

Ive had a good positive experience using the live chat thing.They sorted me 2 problems out and they were very good.

Sorry to hear that, q.

FWIW, I've been posting that very advice (recorded del, always) in most eBay threads since I joined SF in 2008.

(i) as a seller, never send anything out that you can't track/check the delivery of afterwards.

(ii) as a seller, never leave feedback first/until you've received a positive (it's the last 'lever' available, in view of no more negs/neutrals available for sellers).

(iii) always photograph the item you selling in as many different views as you can, ensuring the camera records the date on the photo (even if you only use 1 photo in the listing) and write down the item's unique serial number (and photograph it).

(iv) as a seller, read up on, and get familiar with, 'feedback extortion' and relevant procedures on eBay (despite recorded delivery, many buyers are daft enough to still try it on).

(v) 'sift' the bidders before the auction ends - you are perfectly within your rights to cancel bids from some/all bidders.

(vi) if you have the time/inclination, and depending on what the 'market' is like for the item, try to sell it on here and/or gumtree first ;)

Bear in mind though, that SF truly is the kingdom of the owt-for-nowt brigade :hihi: and that items routinely fetch much more on eBay than on here (even when you restrict auctions to locals, with collect-in-person only). I've lost track of how many items I've offerred on here, got stupid offer after stupid offer, then listed on eBay and got much, much more than what I'd asked for on here in the 1st place :rolleyes:

I just listed 15 items yesterday (free listing weekend), as nothing was shifting on here and some of the items are likely to be in very small demand locally. But I agree on the whole - after over 12 years of activity on there (.com first, then co.uk as well when it started), it's just nowhere near as good, both for sellers and buyers, as it used to be. Oh well...

That's good advice there L00b.

I was too casual, never having a problem selling before, but this hurt both financially and from a faith in humanity position.

I'm just waiting to see the item advertised now. :(

Although you get better prices on eBay, I think I'll just prefer selling here now and getting less but with less hassle/risk and seeing a happy buyer get a bargain.

Admittedly it used to be buyers getting scammed, but I've now heard so many stories of sellers getting scammed that I think that the playing field has been tilted too far with the feedback thing.

Ebay do my head in they are like judge jury and executioner Iv'e had some arguments with them they usually side with the buyers, let them stop your account and just open another one,done that once when they tried to charge me for selling a car when the winning bidder never even turned up to pay for it.

Ebay doesn't always side with buyers. I bought a jumper which stated as being DC and when it came it was fake, i filed a dispute and asked for a refund plus return postage costs (as i didn't just change my mind about the item, it was a rubbish low quality copyright breaching fako jumper) but they said i had to pay return postage costs tracked mail to recieve a refund without the extra postage costs, i've not sent it back yet but i've sent ebay a message asking why i have to lose money because of someone selling me a fake!

I've not heard back yet but i'm well ******.

• 11 months later...
I was watching a programme a few weeks back on tv about Feebay and some of the scams a seller and a buyer tries quiet enlightening.........then you get the Numpties that can`t read the discription or can`t be bothered too and the pervs too Had one of those and she was well and truely dealt with

when u say pervs im confused what where u selling to get pervs ringing erious question =/

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Archived