Balti King, Broomhill

CharLou

Has anyone been recently, the most recent threads about this place seem to be from 2009?

My Aunt bought me a Balti King Groupon for my xmas present (yes, she is a thoughtless aunt who buys crap gifts) and I don't want it to go to waste. At the same time, I don't want to get food poisoning, which is what previous threads seem to be telling me!!

Maybe they have cleaned up their act and are now hygenic and delicious? Feedback please!

Has anyone been recently, the most recent threads about this place seem to be from 2009?

My Aunt bought me a Balti King Groupon for my xmas present (yes, she is a thoughtless aunt who buys crap gifts) and I don't want it to go to waste. At the same time, I don't want to get food poisoning, which is what previous threads seem to be telling me!!

Maybe they have cleaned up their act and are now hygenic and delicious? Feedback please!

2 out of 5 would suggest otherwise http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/business/balti-king-sheffield-57966.html

That is so cruel.:hihi:

I don't mean to be cruel or mean, but I have a voucher for a meal for two that has already been paid for, and as I don't wish to use it I think I should give it to someone else.

I made friends with a lovely homeless man who always was around Broomhill when I was a student and I want to see if I can track him down and give it to him. He was always sat outside Select&Save and I used to give him a cigarette whenever I bought a pack. I would always apologise that they were Menthol, as many people don't like Menthol cigs, and he eventually said to me "you don't need to apologise, after all, beggars cant be choosers!". So I reckon he will be happy enough to have the meal!! And if not him, then some other homeless person - eating out in a restaurant isn't something they get to do very often...

I don't mean to be cruel or mean, but I have a voucher for a meal for two that has already been paid for, and as I don't wish to use it I think I should give it to someone else.

I made friends with a lovely homeless man who always was around Broomhill when I was a student and I want to see if I can track him down and give it to him. He was always sat outside Select&Save and I used to give him a cigarette whenever I bought a pack. I would always apologise that they were Menthol, as many people don't like Menthol cigs, and he eventually said to me "you don't need to apologise, after all, beggars cant be choosers!". So I reckon he will be happy enough to have the meal!! And if not him, then some other homeless person - eating out in a restaurant isn't something they get to do very often...

I was only joking. I think it's very nice of you.

Back in the day we used to order off Balti King for 1 reason and 1 reason only...

When me and the mates had had a drink and couldent be bother to walk up to the shop to get more Fag's or Beer we used to order about £10's of food from them between about 7 of us.

But we used to give them an order of about £30-£40 off Fag's & Beer from the petrol station.

The fag's and the beer allway's got polished off, The curry's didnt though.

If they are still offering this service I would use them again, i wouldent if they are not (food isnt brilliant)

Archived