Balti King, Broomhill

CharLou

• 2 months later...

I've never read so much biassed nonsense in all my life!

The food was nice but it was delivered too quick:huh:

It miawed?

do you people actually eat there or just join the bandwaggon to have a go at a decent bloke who runs a decent restaraunt?

I ate there last night, had chicken and lamb saag madrass hot, egg chilli rice garlic nan, delicious!

Tony will make you something not on the menu if you tell him your tastes, and I've never had food poisoning from there in the many times i've eaten there.

I once had a dish I thought was a bit bland and made the mistake of telling the waiter; tony insisted on another dish for me and refused payment, what a gent. your aunt got you a decent prezzie there you should 'av enjoyed it

Yes mancmart, I have eaten there.

I wouldn't bad-mouth the place for the sake of it.

It was awful; it is awful.

Tony might be a 'nice guy'. The owners of Ashoka, Ranmoor Tandoori, Ambar and Seven Spices are 'nice guys' in my opinion.

The only difference being, these fellas' curries are a million times nicer than those offered at Balti King.

It miawed?

do you people actually eat there or just join the bandwaggon to have a go at a decent bloke who runs a decent restaraunt?

I ate there last night, had chicken and lamb saag madrass hot, egg chilli rice garlic nan, delicious!

Tony will make you something not on the menu if you tell him your tastes, and I've never had food poisoning from there in the many times i've eaten there.

I once had a dish I thought was a bit bland and made the mistake of telling the waiter; tony insisted on another dish for me and refused payment, what a gent. your aunt got you a decent prezzie there you should 'av enjoyed it

well sed mancmart:thumbsup:

It miawed?

i supose you could always go down the health and safty route to find out its quality and its history ! if you dis trust the reviews.

you may just need one hand to find out how many times it has been closed down over the years.

I know "not bad" can mean "really excellent" in Yorkshire but let's be right about this, the "praise" for this place is very faint isn't it? With all the choice of Indian type places to go to, why would anyone want to go to a place where one of the regulars describes their curries as being "not bad". I should hope they aren't bad! In fact, let's go mad and expect that they are even good?

My experience of this restaurant isn't recent. It must be at least 2 years ago so, I don't know, maybe it's got new owners or a better chef whatever. But is was rubbish. I mean not even "average" or "decent".

That's why we've not been back since - and I've read nothing to convince me otherwise so far.

Archived