Balti King, Broomhill

CharLou

I think balance is in order. Colin says he likes the food,he gets called sad, he is accused of not knowing what food tastes like..yes that is insulting.

I like the 'stories' about waiters rumaging in bins for stuff presumably to cook for us unsuspecting drunks with no tastebuds! why not go the whole way and tell us about cats and dogs going missing in the area, that's what they used to tell us about places in Rusholme(where I grew up) to put us off visiting.

Can someone explain to me why I often see asian people eating there,not related to the staff,and not drunken students, perhaps they don't understand asian food either?

Your very pro the Balti King and there is nothing wrong with that, as you seem to know the establishment better than many on here, can you explain the number of forced closures of the years ?

The health and safty issues involved and authoritys invloved in those closures.

I worked in the same vicintiy of shops in Broomhill as Balti King. All I can say is when I saw what went on at the back of the restaurant it was enough to put me off forever! Lots of Indian Ready Meal packaging in their bin (?) Food delivered, dropped on floor & put back on trays, rubbish taken out of other shops bins (And I mean staff literally dangling themselves into the bins to get at the stuff!) & taking it into their kitchen. Best one ever was when chef came out back to have a breather...blew nose straight into apron then went back into kitchen! Yuk.

tell you what mate,you must have had a great job if you had time to see all that. or perhaps you're a great storyteller:lol:

Your very pro the Balti King and there is nothing wrong with that, as you seem to know the establishment better than many on here, can you explain the number of forced closures of the years ?

The health and safty issues involved and authoritys invloved in those closures.

To be honest no, I dont study such statistics, either theirs or anyone elses.

I've tried the food many times,and eaten in five other curry houses in Sheffield(not a lot I know) but many more in my original home town.

All i can say is Balti king has always done me a decent curry, as has Butlers down the road. I trust in the health people, and I'm sure if a place was bad it wouldn't be open.

I trust in the health people, and I'm sure if a place was bad it wouldn't be open.

I refer you to my earlier post - it currently has two out of five stars on the national food hygiene website 'scores on the doors'. That is not good, especially for a restaurant that has been closed down on health grounds on a number of occasions.

Shah Jahan is on London Road, it's Turkish and Indian food. There are two owners, 1 from bangladesh the other is Turkish.

I normally go to Mangla for Indian food but Shah Jahan is pretty awesome and not been open that long!

I really dislike pulling peoples businesses down but I feel in this case it is entirely justified.

The food is the worst I have ever eaten in a restaurant and that includes my visits to Ayia Napa, Laganas and Malia!

Something is very, very wrong here. I would put a sizeable portion of my next months payslip on the food being of the Tesco ready meal variety.

Archived