Who Want's Fake Boobs Anyways? David Cameron?

No it doesn't. The medical expert committee has been unable to find any evidence to support that argument.

There was probably a similar committee that said much the same thing about Thalidomide, back in the day. Pharma companies have enormous resources and plenty of lobbying power to protect their interests.

There was probably a similar committee that said much the same thing about Thalidomide, back in the day.

There were several; and arguably they were right, but that's a moot point.

Rampent is not arguing about whether or not they actually are dangerous; he's arguing that the NHS has said they are. It has not.

Whether they actually are any more, or less, likely to rupture than any other implants is simply not known. There isn't enough available data to make that call.

Aparently, because they consider that women being anxious about potential dangers of the implants, constitutes a health risk in and of itself (anxiety!) whether the implants are actually dangerous or not.

At least that's why they are doing it at all. They're doing it for free, because it's the NHS and not a private company.

Meanwhile, you still haven't answered my question, which I'm now asking for the third time. david cameronit?

Already proven, watch the BBC news!! 'Sub standard materials'. Do you work for the company? :mad:

Already proven, watch the BBC news!!

The BBC is the very place I'm reading the report, which states quite clearly that there is not enough data to prove whether they're any more or less dangerous than any other implants.

Any chance of you ever answering that question?

Already proven, watch the BBC news!! 'Sub standard materials'. Do you work for the company? :mad:

If they are dangerous materials then the potential long-term costs to the NHS need to be assessed. If removal costs less than the potential long-term cost to the NHS caused by treating chronic illness then it makes financial sense to remove the implants. For all the perceived faults of the people with the implants the people are victims - few of them would have willingly consented to having cheap industrial chemicals implanted into their bodies.

The NHS picks up the bill again while the pharmaceutical manufacturers laugh all the way to the bank. Another back door attack on the NHS by the Torys....

You mean the one manufacturer who made them? And they went bust btw, so they'll be nowhere near a bank. Duh.

Those nasty tories, offering to treat people whose health maybe at risk. Shame on them.

You mean the one manufacturer who made them? And they went bust btw, so they'll be nowhere near a bank. Duh.

Those nasty tories, offering to treat people whose health maybe at risk. Shame on them.

I think you'll find the Torys arent offering to treat anyone...

The NHS is obliged to treat ALL sick people. The Torys know this, but a year or two down the line they will be critisizing the NHS for overspending. How much cash are the Govt going to put into the NHS to cover this ????

Straight after the election Andrew Lansley was trying to remove a cancer victims right to see a consultant within 14 days..........YES,they ARE nasty Torys. They dont give a monkeys.

All this stuff about fake boobs in France and over here. Why do women want blown up boobs anyways? I for one, not really bothered about ladies with plastic (and dodgy chemical boobs) but it appears Cameron is. He won't give them refunds.Not nice.

That's rich. I should let Elaine (42-25-36) know down at the Pink Penguin club. A place much beloved by politicians

Archived