Who Want's Fake Boobs Anyways? David Cameron?

No it doesn't. The medical expert committee has been unable to find any evidence to support that argument.

Yeah i'm sceptical about so called expert advice on medical matters the same as pharmaceutical matters. They're not particularly impartial.

edit: oop! just noticed that's already been tackled.

Why dont Heading North and Cyclone move in together.............they could bore each other to death...........

Get a sense of humour, get a life, get a hobby !!!

I guess the whole implant issue requires a tit joke here and there?

All this stuff about fake boobs in France and over here. Why do women want blown up boobs anyways? I for one, not really bothered about ladies with plastic (and dodgy chemical boobs) but it appears Cameron is. He won't give them refunds.

Not nice.

Generally it's a woman thing unless it's a reconstruction after breast cancer. Do you realise women done'nt want to get a bigger brain unless they are in their bras.

The NHS picks up the bill again while the pharmaceutical manufacturers laugh all the way to the bank. Another back door attack on the NHS by the Torys....

Rampent accuses them of being nasty and uncaring because the NHS wasn't going to remove impants; you accuse them of being nasty and uncaring because it is. Exacty what policy do you think they should have adopted?

Just seen on the news the NHS are removing free of charge, only the ones that they put in.

The news is incorrect - or at least, incomplete.

Women who had the implants put in privately are expected to go to the same private clinic to get them replaced - the clinic is expected to provide that service free of charge, since they're the ones responsible.

If the clinic refuses, or no longer exists, then the NHS will remove the implants free of charge to the patient, and will then try to recover the cost from whoever put them in to begin with. (Which won't be easy if it no longer exists, but it's a potent enough threat against clinics to pretty much ensure that they will not refuse.)

Yeah i'm sceptical about so called expert advice on medical matters the same as pharmaceutical matters. They're not particularly impartial.

Presumably, then, you're equally sceptical about the expert advice coming out of France which said they should be removed. So how do you ever decide what should be done?

So, if I was wearing high heels and fell over (this happens reasonably regularly - call me bambi) and broke my ankle should the NHS NOT treat me as I was wearing heels out of vanity?

I think that if these ladies with 'potentially' (and no we don't know exactly yet, French research says yes, our research said inconclusive) dangerous chemicals inside their bodies, whose clinics have gone bust (excuse the pun) then of course they should be treated!

Vanity or not they are still potentially at risk.

So, if I was wearing high heels and fell over (this happens reasonably regularly - call me bambi) and broke my ankle should the NHS NOT treat me as I was wearing heels out of vanity?

I think that if these ladies with 'potentially' (and no we don't know exactly yet, French research says yes, our research said inconclusive) dangerous chemicals inside their bodies, whose clinics have gone bust (excuse the pun) then of course they should be treated!

And they will be. Any woman who wants them removed will have them removed. What is your complaint?

All " iffi " breast implants should be paid by the French company or by the French Government. The will do that if Angela tells them to do it. Is Sarkosy taller than Napolian Bonaparte or does he have to get a lift from the Germans.

Archived