St swithuns tin hut

tillytwo

yeh,but i bet your to old to rock now.:love::hihi:
I tried to on Christmas Eve, did misen a mischief and limped through Christmas....:( A number of Sheffield churches had tin huts; sometimes (like St Polycarp's at Malin Bridge) it was the old "tin tabernacle" that had been built before the church proper, and rock 'n' roll nights were a regular fixture there in the 1950s..:)

That wasnt St Swithuns, it was just a youth club. St Swithuns had its own Church Hall.I did go to the youth club on Prince of Wales Rd many times, it was an old nursery.

Thats right, I also went to St Swithuns just below the shops on Windy House Lane.

Some of the mob who strutted there stuff there on a friday night=

Freddie Sanderson.[East Bank Rd].Jimmy Dorrs, Avril Coates, Violet Brown,[killers sister] loved her. Pat Mathers, [would have made Jordan look a non starter in the chest stakes], Graham Slinn,[base Green][ The last of the teddy boys],Malcolm Styring, Ashley Wilkes, [taylor at the Manor Top].Mick Holgate, [Made a fortune in the Isle of Man], Rodney Goodison, Jimmy Bradshaw, [World Traveller ] Christene Bark [gorgious married my pal Kieth Davies the lucky sod him I mean] Susan Etchels [Prince of Wales Rd] Charley Spaven,[Window cleaner ] Billie Reaney,[ Coal man and Soldier who could charm the bloomers of a nun ] Dany Mulcrone [Taxi Driver] and a cast of hundreds who used St Swithens, St Aidens, Club 60, and Azena .

Thats right, I also went to St Swithuns just below the shops on Windy House Lane.

Some of the mob who strutted there stuff there on a friday night=

Freddie Sanderson.[East Bank Rd].Jimmy Dorrs, Avril Coates, Violet Brown,[killers sister] loved her. Pat Mathers, [would have made Jordan look a non starter in the chest stakes], Graham Slinn,[base Green][ The last of the teddy boys],Malcolm Styring, Ashley Wilkes, [taylor at the Manor Top].Mick Holgate, [Made a fortune in the Isle of Man], Rodney Goodison, Jimmy Bradshaw, [World Traveller ] Christene Bark [gorgious married my pal Kieth Davies the lucky sod him I mean] Susan Etchels [Prince of Wales Rd] Charley Spaven,[Window cleaner ] Billie Reaney,[ Coal man and Soldier who could charm the bloomers of a nun ] Dany Mulcrone [Taxi Driver] and a cast of hundreds who used St Swithens, St Aidens, Club 60, and Azena .

Where is Danny Mulcrone now do you know? I went to St Theresas with him and I worked for his Father for a few years, Danny and his brothers worked there too. Danny knocked about with us for a few years till wew all started getting married. I would love to see him again.

Archived