Three weeks of takeways!

Smiler

Will you really have no way of warming stuff up? If I was in that position I'd have my slow cooker plugged in at a friend's house with dinner for the evening set up during the day.

And they are not a million miles away from M&S Food on Ecclesall Road, they must try Hung Ling though, 2 main courses and one fried rice costs £7.00, and it beats Candytown hands down.

Sakushi in town deliver sushi - and yes, M&S or Waitrose might be useful for salads etc. I remember when I was about 17 we were having the kitchen done and had to live on takeaways for two or three weeks. It was fun for about four days and then it was awful. If you walk to Abbeydale Road there's plenty of different cuisines there too.

Amigo's Mexican deliver too, they're just on the London Road/Abbeydale Road border and quite nice.

We had our kitchen fitted about six years ago, and all in all we were without cooking facilities for about the same time as you, I think it was four weeks.

We set up our camping double burner in the dining room and bought a camping 'unit' to house it and store pots, pans etc - it even had a grill for toast! We sort of just got by for the duration, although we did takeaways too :)

If you go down that route, you could really save some money, then sell the gear come the end of June (school hols, camping season) ;)

Good luck with the kitchen fitting, it's a pain :|

We've got to live on takeaways and eating out for 3 weeks, cos of an insurance job on our house...can anyone suggest alternatives to the usual (curry/chinese/pizza) and preferably food that wont pile on the pounds.

If they were Hunter's Bar way that would be even better!

Cheers

lucky you! id swap with you any day if id ever got to eat my soon to be ex wifes cookin ever again! :gag:

Hillsborough and Norton are a bit far from Hunters Bar.

It was just a suggestion like the OP asked for, he said it would be better if it was around Hunter's Bar, it didn't have to be. Anyway, I wouldn't say Meadowhead was that far from Hunter's Bar.

It was just a suggestion like the OP asked for, he said it would be better if it was around Hunter's Bar, it didn't have to be. Anyway, I wouldn't say Meadowhead was that far from Hunter's Bar.

Hey chill out, I wouldn't drive to Meadowhead from Hunters Bar to eat in a supermarket cafe. I could talk about Hunters Bar past, Andrews on Hickmott Road, Uncle Sams when Ron Barton had it, these days I reckon that Abbeydale Road is the best option, or perhaps London Road.

Archived