Three weeks of takeways!

Smiler

Sakushi in town deliver sushi - and yes, M&S or Waitrose might be useful for salads etc. I remember when I was about 17 we were having the kitchen done and had to live on takeaways for two or three weeks. It was fun for about four days and then it was awful. If you walk to Abbeydale Road there's plenty of different cuisines there too.

Amigo's Mexican deliver too, they're just on the London Road/Abbeydale Road border and quite nice.

Agreed on both Amigos and Sakushi, both excellent places.

Yama Sushi on London Road is cheap and delicious, and you can collect and takeout. Sakushi and Sushi Express both deliver, and I would say sushi express is the better of the two. But Yama Sushi really is the mutts nuts.

Sushi is healthy and lovely, if I had to eat takeaways for three weeks, paid for by my insurance company Id have sushi every night!!

Bilash curry house on Sharrowvale Road is great. They have a large and varied menu, including a complete separate menu for vegetarians, so you won't be stuck with the usual korma/rogan josh/bhuna choices.

Also on Sharrowvale Road, I love both the Pasta Bar and the Greedy Greek. I can only assume neeeeeeek went on an off day?

A bit further away from Hunter's Bar, I've heard brilliant things about the new falafel place on London Road. I'm really looking forward to going myself. Again, a bit different to the normal greasy takeaway experience.

We ate upstairs and had a selection of things and they were all pretty bad, some were so salty you could not eat them!

We obviously have very different tastes :) Although I've only ever deviated from my usual halloumi or veggie wrap (both lush) on two occasions so maybe I just caught them on a particularly good day :hihi:

EDIT: I 100% agree with you on Taybarns though. Food poisoning so bad I thought I was going to die. :gag:

Falafal place is really good, I can't see it lasting very long though unless it moves somewhere better.

I used to love the Greedy Greek a few years back and still like their wraps but the food we were served upstairs was pretty poor, like you say, it could have been a bad day but I won't be rushing back to find out!

Archived